CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED TWENTY

Severus's POV

"We're too late, aren't we?" a woman on the right questioned.

"Yes, you are, Sam!" Raiden claimed.

"Apologies, we assisted all those aristocrats in fleeing the place after we informed them of the fact that the palace had been invaded by some darkness. Brrr..." the woman named Sam muttered

"Hey, Sam?" remarked the woman on the left, nudging Sam on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" Sam responded.

"Isn't that the werewolf whom we've been searching for for the past years?" the lady asked, pointing at Malcolm.

Sam's expression grew solemn.

Malcolm laughed as he shattered my sword, which had been thrust in his stomach, and asked, "It's been a while, Sam and Keana, how have you been?"

Sam teleported and reappeared close to Malcolm and she pointing her weapon at him.

"We're fine, Malcolm; we got into so much bother thanks to you," Sam responded.

"What are you going to do? Murder me? You're totally cognizant that all of your weapons are powerless against me," Malcolm giggles again.

Sam grinned, "I am are aware of that, but our enchantment aren't useless, aren't they."

"What?"

Sam moved some distance away from him as Keana executed the spell "Sitzh."

A massive golden cage began to form around Malcolm.

Malcolm, who is already ensnared inside the cage, cries out, "No!"

He tried to broke the bars with his might, but it was unsuccessful.

"You're definitely squandering your time, those golden bars aren't made of ordinary metal," Keana added while Malcolm cursed at her.

Eloise approached Thalia's head holding a dagger in the palm of her hand.

She puts a stop to Thalia's wailing by fracturing her head.

The vibrant radiance started surfacing, precisely as the day she stabbed Thalia's heart.

Thalia's body slowly disintegrated, as white vapors emerged from her body.

"They're the children's souls, aren't they?" Sam inquires.

"They are," Keana replied.

Children's souls? Does this imply that the children who have been reported missing over the previous few months have been employed to create Thalia's physique?

"She has no heart, so I figured that her weakness was her brain," Eloise explained.

"Is that the reason why you told me to cut her neck?" I ask

She simply nod, "Yeah"

We were about to take a break but instead heard an outburst and witnessed Veronica assault Eloise from behind.

Seeing her blood trickle on the ground made me feel like a statue. I was unable to move because of shock

"Veronica!" Stella shouts rushing towards Veronica.

Stella clutches her neck and says, "Does betraying Lady Eloise isn't enough for you?!?"

As Keana casts another enchantment, Veronica's wrists are wrapped in gold shackles.

"She won't be able to escape with those golden handcuffs on her wrists," Keana observes.

Stella shoved Veronica to the floor as tears streamed down her cheeks.

I approached Eloise as her body laid on the floor, helpless to control my tears.

She grabbed something from her pocket, and it turned out to be the elixir that Humrey Shele had given her.

"Y-You have t-to take this t-to Zian..." Eloise muttered before she slowly close her eyes

Eloise's POV

I found myself wandering around in a deserted meadow.

There are numerous flowers nearby, notably Dahlias.

I'm certain Shan and Celeste would love it as well if they were able to witness this.

"Eloise?"

I heard a faint voice behind me. As I looked back, I recognized that she was the mother of the original Eloise.

"You've grown up," she said with a smile.

"Mother..."

She came towards me and hugged me.

The warmest embrace I've ever experienced. This has to be the first time somebody has held me like this, especially from a mother

"I've missed you... I'm sorry I left you completely on your own in this world; I was unable to say my farewell before I left."

I shook my head, "No, mother. You aren't obligated to say sorry because of what happened. It was not your fault at all. Death is an unforeseen occurrence in one's life," I explained

"Are you going to stay with me?" she asks as she holds my hands.

I heard someone say my name just as I was prepared to make a statement.

I halted, my mother is come to pick me up, am I dead?

"Eloise?" my mother inquires when she notices I'm lost in thoughts.

"Please forgive me, mother," I draw my hands away from her, "but everyone is waiting for me, which means I can't just leave them—particularly my father."

"You've truly matured now," she said as she embraced me one more time and kissed my forehead.

She vanished without a trace. I went around to look for her but she was nowhere to be found