CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The twins are trailing me and appear to be pleased to see me.

The twins are both sixteen years old and behave like children despite being seven months older than me.

"Hey Eloise, both of us want to apologize for treating you poorly in the past and treating you worse than they do in the ducal's state," Khal stated.

"We planned this last year, but we can't tell you because we're currently preoccupied with swordsmanship practice, and we can't even write you a message," Khan explained.

"How come you can't?"

"Because we are both extremely sloppy to write." Khan concluded

That's not new to me, though.

Khal added, "And we wished to be genuine, so we came to apologize in person."

"Are you willing to forgive us?" Khan inquires.

It will not serve my interests to resent them for what they did.

"Yes, I will," I said.

They were both like puppies eager to meet their new owner.

They're both so thrilled that they exclaim "yay!" and give each other fist bumps.

Raiden walks up to me and says, "Good evening, m'lady." He is more appealing today than usual.

"Who is that, Eloise?" Khal inquires.

"He's a friend; he assisted me in proving Viscount Caledon's guilt," I said, "Raiden, they're my cousins, Khal and Khan."

"I see, it was a pleasure meeting you both."

"Raiden? So you're the magician from the newspaper?" Khal inquires.

"We did not pay much attention to you since we were so preoccupied with Eloise," Khan explained.

I gaze at Raiden, he looks like he'll sulk any minute.

"Good evening, everybody, and thank you for joining us today for the crown prince's birthday. Please join me as I welcome the royal family from the northern empire."

The Emperor and Empress appeared when the door opened, with the Crown Prince and Princess standing behind them.

I fixed my gaze on the crown prince, who is rather attractive in person.

When his eyes rested on mine, I turned away right away.

We didn't make eye contact, did we?

After the empress finished her speech, everyone raised their glasses and began to drink.

We are underage and cannot consume wine.

The orchestra began to perform.

"May I request a dance, m'lady?" Raiden extended his hand in front of me, and I accepted his palms.

"I don't know how to dance," I confessed, and he laughed.

We began dancing along with the others. He gave me a sympathetic look as he regarded me.

I trod on his foot by accident; dang, this is humiliating.

"I — I apologize,"

"You don't need to feel guilty, m'lady, you're doing wonderful so far, and this doesn't hurt at all,"

I feel bad because, despite what he says, I keep injuring his foot.

"I'm sorry," I said, "you shouldn't have requested me to dance in the first place."

I appear gloomy and sound depressed, and I feel almost like I've ruined the entire vibe.

He only chuckles, saying, "I'm sorry, m'lady, I can't help myself. You're so cute."

I'm not sure if I'll be offended or grateful. He teases me and then compliments me.

I was surprised to see so many girls swarming the crown prince after the dance. must be nice

"I had an enjoyable time tonight, m'lady," Raiden remarks.

"You mention that notwithstanding the fact that your feet are miserable right now."

"M'lady, I'm a magician, I can cure it at any moment."

"Yeah sure,"

"I'd would really like to spend even more time with lady Eloise, but it appears that sir Elliote is already here." He kissed my hands and added, "'Till next time, it's truly great meeting you tonight, m'lady" he then grinned at me and disappeared.

"I expected no one would accompany you,"

"Yes, however Raiden approached me and invited me to dance."

"Must be lovely,"

There is an uncomfortable vibe between us.

I could hear Khan screaming out to me, "Eloise!"

Khan inquires, "How's the dance?"

"I trod on Raiden's foot quite a few times, so it must be swelled right now, but other than that, I suppose, it was great."

"I see, guess what? Khal just had his first dance a few minutes ago."

"H-Hey, it's a bit humiliating..."

"That's fine; how about you, Khan?"

"Nah, I refused on the girl since I'm currently too preoccupied courting myself,"

I was astounded; I suppose Khan is more interested in himself rather than other people.

"Oh my, are you a young fella or something?" I made fun of Khal, who was still blushing.

"W-What are you talking about...?" He didn't look at me since I could see his crimson face.

Khan patted his shoulder and blurted, "Khal, you're still blushing."

Suddenly, Khal sprinted away from us.

"Oh wow, you're a bad brother."

"It's fine, we teased each other everyday." He responds "Then a physical fights later."

"You're so messed up." I replied "By the way, who's the girl?"

"I'm not sure, I never asked. Anyway, let's go eat over there," he replied as he tugged me away.

I could see the amazement on my brother's face when he realized the twins and I were getting along like this. This was never my intention.