CHAPTER TWENTY

I received a large number of prizes, the most of which are toys. Adelaide seemed pleased when I gave her some of it.

Something caught my attention while strolling and I rushed there without informing them.

It's dark and disorganized. I kept trekking till I came across a wounded lion.

Should I aid this animal?

I dashed to the nearest shop and purchased a bandage. I need to halt the bleeding or that lion will end up dying.

After I bought everything I needed, I placed the things animals alongside it and began administering it first aid; it glared and roared at me, as if asking me to get away.

"It's alright; I'm not your adversary,"

I may appear insane right now since I'm speaking to an animal that doesn't understand what I'm saying.

I proceeded to treat it and wrapped a bandage around the wound.

"There, you ought to relax for the moment."

The lion glances at me, and because it's so wild, I don't believe it's a good idea to pat it. And where is the rest of its pride?

Based on the fact that lions often hunt in packs, I believe that this particular lion was attacked for some reason.

"I should go now; you should avoid fighting other lions at this pace," I remarked.

I went back to get my things toys. I hope the lion is doing well.

I adore all animals, large or tiny. That's why, despite the fact that I know it's a rabid creature, I chose to assist the lion.

Now I need to locate the others. Compared to earlier, there are much more people now.

I stroll while grumbling to myself, hoping to stumble upon any of them. Even after searching for them for several minutes, I still cannot locate them. I'm lost

"Grrr," I grumble as I realize what I've done.

I sat alone in the corner, clutching my junk toys. This is the same experience I had when my mother abandoned me in the real world; I anxiously waited for her to return and get me, but she never came. At an early age, I begin to learn how to support myself.

I feel deserted.

I rose up and went for another stroll as it was getting late.

I ran into someone and nearly fell, but he caught me and I looked at his face and was shocked to see Prince Severus.

"I found you," he muttered.

"I apologize, Your Highness."

"Tsk, why did you disintegrate? Everyone is freaking out, y'know; how do you think the Duke will react if we lose you for hours?" he nags.

"I'm genuinely sorry, your highness," I say as I bow.

"What have you been doing?"

"I.....I discovered a lion."

"Is there a lion in the capital?"

"Indeed, your majesty, he has been hurt."

"Let me guess, you gave the lion a hand?"

"I did, your highness."

"You're really foolish, aren't you? Lion is a wild animal, humans should keep out of its business. Wounded or not. It's not your obligation to heal it since you're not a magician," he abruptly pinches my cheeks.

He released his grip and walked away. Did he actually call me a dumbass?

"What are you doing there?" he said. "Let's go meet the others."

"I'm on my way, your highness," I replied as I moved ahead of him.

I'm relieved in some ways, and the thought that others are concerned about me warmed my heart. I believe I have a promising future ahead of me. I'm simply happy, you know?

Adelaide gave me a bear embrace as soon as she spotted me when we initially met the others. She must be quite anxious since she has tears in her eyes.

"The fireworks will start any minute now; we can't afford to miss it," Theodore added.

"Yeah, and also by the way, m'lady, one of your things toys is gone," Raiden replied.

I was looking through my things toys when I noticed one was gone.

"It's fine, I don't necessarily require all of this anyways; I'm just hoping whoever acquired it may treasure it."

"Wow, lady Eloise is a saint," Adelaide said.

"I know, she's so opposite from the things we frequently heard," Raiden continued.

Saint, eh? I'm the antagonist in this narrative, not the heroine. My goodwill is meaningless, and if I make one mistake, everybody would ditch me.

I gazed up at the sky as the fireworks display began, and they were as spectacular as always. I simply hoped everything ended well. I'm only here to evade my doomsday signal.

That's it.

______________

A/N: I'm sorry for the grammatical errors and typos guys, and also I'm sorry if I didn't publish a lot of chapters like I usually do. My dog died today, I'm not in the mood writing this chapter but I did my best even though it's not a perfect one. I'm hoping to see y'all in the next chapter.