CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

I'm walking by myself inside the manor. I'm supervising the ducal's state while both father and brother are gone for their work.

Suddenly I heard some voice inside the room I haven't entered.

I went towards it and saw two maids whispering about me

"Tsk, that Eloise is still not getting her karma."

"I know right, despite of what we've done just to destroy her image in public, she keeps getting some care, especially from the imperial family."

"That crazy bitch, she's acting like a saint outside while she's totally a demon inside."

"That witch must've cast some spell on them."

"Her schemes won't work on the emperor unless she use black magic."

"Yup, she must've doing this secret ritual. We must tell the duke that her daughter is a black magic user and wants to corrupt the empire by using the imperial family."

"Oh, that's pretty good."

"And, we'll be promoted. How's that?"

They both laugh, I clench my fist and open the curtain.

They're both surprised when I suddenly appeared behind them

I stared at them blankly, "What the hell are you doing?"

"L-Lady Eloise!"

"W-We're just c-cleaning t-the place."

I saw an acid and I threw it at them. They scream because of pain.

"Just because I'm quite these days doesn't mean I'll let this shit slide." I grab both of their hair and pull them outside the room

The other servants are staring at us. I stepped on the maid hands

"ARGHHHH!" she scream

"You think I wouldn't notice? Every time you come to my room, you steal one of my things. Should I pour more acid on you to teach you a lesson, you lowly bitch?"

"I-I'm s-sorry!!!!!!"

"You think sorry is enough after both of you destroyed everything? Or should I get you both tortured in the basement just like the head maid?"

"No! Please no, lady Eloise! I still have a family to feed!"

"You should've thought about that first before opening your mouth."

"T-This is all her fault! I just got drag into this!"

I look at the other maid, she was terrified while I stared at her

She scream like she's now getting insane, "It's not my fault! I'm just a victim here! It's all your fault, Eloise! You have to be executed just like we all want to!"

I stayed silent. I raised my hand and slap her in the face.

"You dared to talk back to me now? I'll show no mercy to the both of you." I called the guards and they drag both of them to the basement, before they disappear, the maid I slapped shout

"It was lady Thalia's fault, lady Eloise!"

I look at her, "She told me to become a spy here. Then I meet this stupid maid here who can't keep her mouth shut that's why this happened."

"Then?" I asked

"Lady Thalia wants you to be dead, lady Eloise. There'll be a big event in the end of the year and that's when she---"

Suddenly, a black aura appeared after us. All the maids and guards was frightened by the strong energy coming from that thing. It surrounded the maids and seconds later, both of them are pale and dead in the floor.

The aura disappeared, I'm sweating and cannot move. I clench my fist after knowing the real reason why I was killed in the first place.

Why did I forget about that?

During that time if my execution, I saw Thalia in the crowd....she was smiling back then. She got this creepy look that give me chills.