CHAPTER NINETY FIVE

There are a few more lights here than in the center, so Stella and I ventured towards the gloomy region of the center without anyone recognizing us.

We immediately fled behind a bush after hearing footsteps.

A man speaking to the owner inquired, "Are those guests here yet?"

"I saw the three gentlemen over there, but I've never seen those two females with them," the owner said.

"We have to give them dead to her, thus you should make sure they never left this village."

"Will do,"

I glance into Stella's eyes. Who's her?

Before we left the owner's earlier-offered shelter, we made sure we had our belongings with us.

Stella mutters, "Lady Eloise, I have an idea."

"What's that?"

"We have to present ourselves as dancers in front of them. I have some clothes and masks with me."

"How about the plan, though?"

"Remember that the man claimed that someone wants us killed. We're still adhering to the plan, but the trouble is, if we go out looking like this, they might identify us and it'll generate pandemonium."

I said, "I see, I think I'll agree with that."

"We need to change in a quiet place where no one will see us, so come on, m'lady."

We enter covertly and don some dancer's attire.

When I noticed how exposed the clothing is, I scowl.

I assume this is only for tonight.

She responded, covering her face, "Of course, m'lady. Anyhow, do you know how dancers dance? Because I definitely don't."

But she made this suggestion.

I gave it some thinking.

"I do," I said

When I initially came to the empire, I used to like watching those dancers perform when there was a special occasion. I also mimicked their actions, but I'm not sure if it will be effective.

We both had on masks, I sigh.

I don't typically dress like this.

We heard everyone say, "A toast!"

"Let's go," I said.

Someone blocks us just as we're about to move forward.

"Identify yourself."

I respond, "We're dancers the chief hired for tonight's dinner."

"Uh, is that true?"

"Yes, Mr."

He signed the others for some music and allowed us to enter the audience before saying, "Go ahead then."

Stella mutters, "Is he gullible?"

"Probably,"

As soon as the drum started, we began to dance in their presence.

"Who are those women?"

"I'm not sure, but I adore the performance."

I slid my eyes shut, I hate this. I'll soon forget that such a thing ever occurred in my life.