CHAPTER TEN

Jeez, what was that? I'm getting chills all throughout my body from it.

I'm not going to die from fate once more.

"Get inside, Eloise," my father urged.

I'm being escorted by a guard, "Y-yes," and I'm ready to take a step when—

"Lady, wait!"

When I turned around, Raiden was attempting to regain his breath. Why wasn't he using his gift rather than running?

He finally managed to say, "The emperor wishes to meet you."

"I see. Father, would you please wait here for me because this will take a moment?"

"Ok then," he replied.

Raiden extended his hand in front of me and said, "Lady, I'll be your escort today."

I gave him a smile and took his hand as we entered.

He state, "You didn't tell me your true name last night."

I respond, "You did not inform me you already recognize me," but he only laughed.

As soon as we reached the court, Raiden remarked, "Your majesty, lady Iris—er, I mean, Lady Eloise is already here."

He released his grip on my hands, bowed to the monarch, the emperor smiles at me.

"So you're the empire's reputed girl," He remarked.

"I suppose I am, your majesty."

"Is the notion about you being a tyrant truly true?" he asks.

"I don't know, your majesty, people enjoy talking nasty against me and would like to see me miserable; tyrant, aggressive, dumb, or contemptuous those are the words they call me, however I do not care about what they say, I know myself better than they do, you majesty." I explained.

I was confident when I said that. It's true though, I am previously been the girl which the stories claim.

But as I stated, Eloise has already passed away. And as far as I know, I'm not her

I continue, "Yes, I'm not a martyr and folks think I'm the scoundrel who ought to vanish from this world, but I regret the atrocities I committed before then. What I did was cruel; I'm no better from count Caledon, the difference is I don't even do the things that he did."

"Tell me, lady Eloise, what you want, because I'll offer you a gift since you were the one who identified the mastermind."

"I would like to suggest Adelaide Bouvier as the royal prince's educator,"

The entire room was quiet.

The emperor asks questions, "The educator who is currently tutoring you?"

"Indeed, Your Majesty"

"I see, you may leave at this time. I shall think about it."

I bow once more, and Raiden leads me into to the corridor.

"That was exhausting," I said.

"Lady Eloise, you did a good job. I'm wondering, though, why you didn't reward yourself?"

"Everyone despises me, thus I don't deserve such honor from the royal household,"

He approached me and said, "Lady Eloise, I don't despise you; in fact, I believe you're an outstanding person, and I'm sure the stories about you are all erroneous."

I direct my attention to his eyes, and he exudes sincerity and solemnity.

I reply with a smile, "Thanks, Raiden."

He held my hands while smiling at me and saying, "M'lady, if there's anything that's troubling you, I'm here to protect you."

He kissed my hands. That I literally can not believe Thalia didn't chose him.

"Ehem,"

As we turned around, the knight who previously just killed the count was still there.

"Sir Theodore," Raiden muttered

He said to Raiden, "The other magician is waiting for you."

"Oh yeah, I still have stuff to do. I sincerely apologize, m'lady, I'm unable to stay with you at this moment."

He has the appearance of a puppy asking to be carried by his owner.

I pat his head and say, "It's alright, Raiden. Good luck with your work."

He waved to me as he rushed away and said, "I will, m'lady! Then, I'm leaving now, I'll see you around."

As soon as he stopped waving, I turned away and started to walk.

"M'lady,"

I look over at the knight.

"Can I accompany you as you leave?"

One of the leading men is Theodore Renaud. He is the personal guard for the future king.

I nod and we proceed till I reach the area where our coach is waiting.

He kissed my hand as he kneeled down to me.

He said, "I'll see you around, m'lady."

Given that this was our first meeting, I was caught off guard when he did that.

I entered the vehicle and gave him one more glance.

He is giving me a blank stare, but then he smile at me.

What's wrong with this book's male leads?

__________________

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.