CHAPTER EIGHT

A guy wearing a mask stepped onto the stage and announced, "Whoa! Numerous individuals are all here tonight again, huh. Don't stress y'all, because we plan something exceptional for you."

After what he mentioned, the crowd gets overjoyed.

The speaker's voice sound familiar...

"Let's begin at 10,000 with a pair of identical twins that will do whatever you command!"

Numerous customers started to shout.

"20000!"

"30000!"

"60000!

"100000!"

"200000!"

"500000!"

"10000000!"

I clench my fist after hearing those. What the hell? The transaction is....human trafficking?!

"Please purchase them afterwards in the back; they will then be auctioned for one million gold coins. Let's commence, shall we?"

I widen my eyes as I finally realized whose voice is that

I can't believe it!

So it was him

"Do you know that person?"

Someone abruptly spoke in my ears, almost making me startle.

I can obviously see his green eyes since he is not hiding behind a mask, as well as his hood makes him look even more attractive. He chuckles, "Sorry for making you startled."

"Who are you, identically?"

"M'lady, my name is Raiden Jondalar; who are you?"

He is one of the book's male leads! Why is he even doing in this place?

"I-I'm...Iris....Magdalena...?" I whisper

"Oh, I see. However, I feel like that it's not really your real identity."

Okay? This is weird...

I let out a satisfied sigh as he said, "But I suppose I'm wrong."

"I don't mean to be disrespectful, but why are you in such a place?"

"Me? I just got an order from the emperor to know who is the mastermind in this event, slave for sale are not allowed here since the sixth emperor, Henry. I can't believe nobles from other empire came here just for this."

So, the emperor is aware.

"I presume you're a mage."

"Indeed, I am! Wow, I simply can not believe you knew it despite the fact that we just meet. Anyways, you seemed so anxious earlier, can you tell for sure who's that guy over there?"

"Course, his accent leads me to believe I recognize him."

"Are you truly sure? Considering that it's difficult to discern due to his mask?"

"He is viscount Caledon, and I have no doubt about that since I knew him. He is close to someone I know"

He was shocked to hear it.

"W-Wha...Now that you bring him up, that bastard's voice actually does remind me of count Caledon!" he said, "We better get out of here before anyone heard us."

The minute he touched me, the city's capital appeared.

Did we just teleported?

"H-How did you do that?"

"I'm a mage after all. It's becoming quite late, I hope to see you soon in the imperial court, lady Iris." He smirked at me and then fled

Thank goodness he didn't know my real name

"My lady!" I heard a familiar voice shout, it was the coachman "I was looking for you, my lady, the duke and your brother, lord Elliote, are starting to worry.."

"Ok then, let's head back home." I stepped inside the carriage.

I removed my disguise, even if I convinced my father, he wouldn't believe me, especially because I had no proof.

My head hurts

My father and brother are waiting for me when I reach the state.

"I'm home," I declared.

"Eloise!" My father stated as he approached me "So? Have you got any updates for us?"

"Trafficking of human beings was indeed the issue." I said

"What? But, the empire has already outlawed that."

"I agree. On light of the fact that slavery is already prohibited, this is why they are in the black market. Additionally, someone whom we all know seems to be in charge of that criminal activity.

"W-Who..?" father ask

"It's the viscount Caledon."

They were both shocked. Elliote muttered "T-That's impossible."

"I know, but I didn't go over there simply by saying such statement, don't I? I don't have any verification, but the voice is unmistakably sounds much like the count. Now, perhaps you'll excuse me."

"Would you wish to eat dinner before heading to mattress, my lady?"

"No, I'm perfectly all right."

I dress in my nightgown and then I shut my eyes. It's been a long day, as usual. Even in my slumber, I would prefer to be stress-free.