CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I'm now wandering around the capital with Adelaide and Veronica. The festival is approaching, and everyone in our vicinity is busy.

Adelaide commented, "I'm excited to see how the event would appear at night."

I went back to the store where I had left the cup. I dropped by yesterday, and the shopkeeper said I could pick up the cup today.

"Veronica, look after Adelaide while I'm inside," I instructed.

"Certainly, my lady."

As soon as I stepped inside, the proprietor greeted me with a beaming smile.

"Welcome back, madam Eloise; your cup is ready, and the poison used has been recognized."

Great

"Your survival after being poisoned is truly commendable, dear lady."

A lot of the circumstances in this world are obviously made up; they have no basis in reality. I'm aware of this.

However, the reason why I survive because I travel back to the time where I was poisoned by that imbecile maid

"Here you go, dear lady, and upon that piece of paper inside the bag are the fingerprints of the guilty party."

"I see; thank you."

"You're welcome at any occasion, my lady, no problem," he added, and I grinned at him.

When I stepped outside, I noticed Veronica and Adelaide conversing with someone.

"What's going on?" I inquired. Theodore glances at me while accompanying the future king.

Adelaide murmured "Lady Eloise."

"Your name is Eloise," the crown prince stated.

"Yes, your highness."

"Lady Eloise, his highness desired to come along because both Sir Theodore and him don't typically go out." Adelaide insert

"We're not sure which path to go," Theodore said.

I gesture toward the group of people—all noble ladies—behind them and add, "I understand, but...do we have to invite those folks?"

"Tsk, I thought you got rid of them already?" the prince inquires.

"Yes, your highness, but they all claimed I'm cool and gorgeous," Theodore responded confidently.

The furious crown prince yells, "Stop it! This is ludicrous."

"They even said that you're aggressive in a variety of ways, Prince Severus."

"Huh!?"

"But they adore it," Theodore says as he gives him a thumbs up.

Do they always behave this way? Their personalities differ from those in the story.

Severus Leonitus, the novel's crown prince, falls in love with Thalia but surrenders because he understands he has no chance.

What I'm seeing today is....quite different.

Theodore maintains his expressionless demeanor as they fight in front of me.

"Alright, fellas, both of you are acting immature. Let's just go, shall we?" I said as I stood between them.

They both exchange glances.

While strolling, I can sense Adelaide's enthusiasm as she observes the crowds around us.

"Lady Eloise, see! There's a bunch of masks over there!" She grabbed my arm and led me to a booth selling masks.

"Would you be interested to try this on, Lady Eloise?" Adelaide said, handing me a mask she had chosen.

"I believe these masks visually appealing on you, lady Eloise," Theodore stated as he showed me the masks he had purchased.

"Those are ridiculous," said the crown prince.

Adelaide responded, "Try this one first, Lady Eloise."

Theodore exhorts, "Try these first."

They are disagreeing without stating anything.

I'm eager to get home and sleep.