CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

It's currently hunting season. I'm still sitting on my couch, glancing at the various hunting clothing my father bought the day before.

Despite the fact that I'm participating, he don't have to purchase  seven pairs of these clothing.

"Veronica, which one do you think will work best for me?" I inquire.

"The purple, my lady, it goes with your eyes."

"I see." Purple, huh? Eloise in the original story adores the color green. I'm certain she would scream at Veronica if she overheard what she just said. Eloise despises purple because it reminds her of the Duke, whom she despises the most. Since I arrived here, I've also come to despise the duke since he never treated me with respect. However, today is different

I change my attire, and to be real, I like it. It is more comfortable than wearing long skirts all day.

I grabbed my bow and arrow and proceeded to the dining room; the hunting would begin in two hours, so I should eat first.

"How come you're dressed like that?" Elliote inquires.

"She will partake in today's match," the duke declared.

"I see, her highness is enthusiastic about today, therefore I'll be there to guard her."

"That's great,"

They keep talking as I chew my food. It's difficult to visit Princess Shae these days because she's preoccupied with her own business and she only organizes tea parties once in a while.

"Anyway, Eloise, I heard his highness and sir Theodore are both coming today,"

I see, though I'm curious what will happen. His highness will most likely badger him, and Theodore would ignore him. I can already envision the scene.

My father escorted me and my brother to the carriage after we finished eating. The hunt will take place near the imperial palace. I'm a little worried because this is my first time participating in this event. Since I despise social situations, I felt alone when we first arrived, therefore this is beneficial for me.

"Milady Eloise!"

When I turned around, I noticed her highness calling to me. She drew the attention of others.

"Wow, lady Eloise, I didn't anticipate you to be a part of such an event! You're genuinely fantastic!" she said.

"T-Thank you, your highness."

"Come!" she said, dragging me into a table with several other aristocratic ladies.

Is this some sort of tea party? In a hunting competition!?

"Everyone, let's have a tea party with lady Eloise from the ducal's state," she stated cheerfully.

The aristocratic women are hesitant to welcome me. I observed her expression, and she looked at me with grief in her eyes. Is she concerned? Or does she feel sorry for me because other nobility dislike me?

"P-Please have a seat, lady Eloise," she said. I took a seat near her, and the other noble women avoided making eye contact with me.

This is uncomfortable.