when he's your friends' brother

You were scribbling your journal, in front of the window. You were staying at your friends house. She was busy scrolling on her phone, while you scribble on your pad. This moment was very comforting not just because your friend was there. But also, the ambiance of her room. Ever since you were little you always went here with your other friends. But now you two were only here.

" You know sometimes I think you and my brother would make a good couple," she said, twirling her hair on her fingers.

While she lay there on her bed, the light of the screen on her phone was flashing on her face.

" Why do you keep-" you suddenly felt your cheeks were burning. You cover it with your pad, acting annoyed.

She kept telling me that you and Jaehyun, his older brother look good. Ever since the time that Jaehyun walked you home when your friend was sick. Because your friend always makes sure that you're not alone when going home. So she decided to make his brother walk you home. But during that time, you have this butterflies in your stomach. You even wished that he'll see you into something even more than friends. But you quickly see the reality... Jaehyun has been the kindest and soft-spoken person you've ever known. He has always been there for her sisters, taking care of her despite her mood swings. Your friend is stubborn but she has this heart that you really admire. She always protected you in so many ways, because you're precious to her. So was she to you...

"Because I'm really good at matching a person," he raises her eyebrows. You rolled your eyes watching the beautiful view. The houses built, the trees.

" Really, why just can't you just date Jae. He's perfect." she sat up, throwing her phone at her bed.

You put down the pad and looked at her. You can see the eagerness in her eyes. You know in your heart that you do admire his brother. But you know..that he doesn't feel the same way. So you thought, why bother... if that happens it will be awkward and awful.

" You know he always prepares this cookie when he hears that you're coming over. That means something, " she said, standing up taking a cookie in a glass jar.

Jaehyun's baked cookies are incredible honestly, it is perfectly baked.

" He always pr-"" But not these incredibly delicious cookies," she said munching on it.

" Believe me, there's something," she said with her childish smile. Grabbing her phone, sitting beside you across the window. 

" You know he just wanted me to feel like I'm home, so it's a nice thing to do," you said, shoving the idea of him having fondness on you. She finished eating the cookies, while you stared at the orange sky.

" You know I'm his sister. I can set-"

" SHHH! Don't say the word set-up," you stood up, going to your backpack, holding some wipes because she has bits of chocolate on her cheeks. Throwing it at her face, you giggle.

" Hey, I'll be your sister-in-law so where's your respect," she said taking the wipes, brushing them lightly on her rosy cheeks.

" I'm sorry my lady, why suddenly so formal?" you said, laying on her bed. Staring at the ceiling. Jaehyun's face appeared in your head. That made you blush. Your friend lay there beside you. Looking at you were, and where you're staring.

" Just say it, Y/n," she said with a serious tone. You smiled. And began tickling her causing her to squeal. " Hey- don't you dare tickle me," she said curling on her side. But you didn't obey. You and your friend began to play pillow fight like when you were younger. You missed being her like this, it brings so much memory.

-

" (Your friend's name) I'm going downstairs, do you want anything," you asked rubbing your eyes. You and your friend have been sleeping. You checked your phone it was midnight. 

She said something but you didn't understand. But you decided to get her some. You went out of the covers and tucking the covers on your friend. Carefully leaving the room. You went downstairs, to the kitchen grabbing some glass, in the drawer. And filling it with water. You didn't mind the darkness though. You didn't open the light, because you were only just grabbing water. 

When suddenly the light turns on and you heard some footsteps. It's probably your friend.. so you decided to prank her by surprising her behind the wall before entering the kitchen. So you were there, the footstep is getting nearer. 

When-

" BOOOO!-" you jumped out on the person. But one thing.. you are surprised who's in front of you.

 It was Jaehyun, he looked startled. His bright eyes wide looking down at you. Your hands were hands up. You must look completely idiot, you thought.

" You start-" he was going to say something. You bowed saying your sorry feeling the heat on your cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, I thought you're (Your friend's name)," you stated still bowing your head, you felt the humiliation.

" it's okay," he said, smiling genuinely at you. It even made you blush even more. He wore this gray loose shirt, with pajamas. His hair was messy like he woke up. But he still looks incredibly good-looking. He went past at you, you smelled his mint fragrance, " Why are you still awake?" he asked softly grabbing some milk. He offered with his comforting smile. But you shook your head. You can't even form the words.

" I'm good, thank you," you tried to composed yourself, brushing the hair away from your face. You glanced at him he was looking at you, you looked away. Avoiding eye contact... God this must be awkward you said to yourself.

Should I get going? Or Should I ask him-

But you're foot has its own life making your way into your friends' room.

" Y/n?" he called again. Your heart skipped a beat. The way he calls you it was so gentle. You started to blush once again. You turn around and saw him. A glass of milk on his hand."

 I-uh.. you forgot your glass of water, " he said with his husky voice. Giving it to you...You looked at it. You went to him and took it. His hands touch yours, it was something... like electricity.

" I almost forgot," you said with your panic voice. Before turning away from him, when he called you once again.

" Yes?" you asked, you looked at him.

" I was just wondering if.. you wanted to see movies if you're free?" he stuttered, you saw the transition of his expression. He was blushing. 

You just can't believe... what he asked you. He's asking you out?! Your mind was in complete disaster. You feel the surprise, confusion, and happiness. It completely caught you off guard. Without even knowing that you stood there, frozen. He looked down, placing the glass on the sink. 

" it's okay if you-"

" Sure," you said, firmly. You saw his lips form a smile. Exposing his perfect deep dimples.

" I mean not now, because... yeah it's midnight. The theater are still not open in this hour I- and I-" you began stuttering too, like an idiot. 

He smiled even more because of your adorable reaction. It made you slightly panic.

" Yeah, maybe Friday night?" he said, a strand of hair went to his face. You wanted to brush it away from his face. But without even knowing you did what you wanted. Brushing it away-It caught him off guard.

" Friday it is," still blushing, but it really felt good. 

You two both at each other with your smile. Lost in each other-

" Y/n, why are you taking so-"

Your friend was already there. Your eyes went wide... you glanced at Jaehyun. He was surprised, but his reaction was normal.. not that surprised, but slightly stunned.

" So it came true, " she coughs, crossing her arm. You and Jaehyun blushing.

" I know I'm really good at matching couples, I see the chemistry!!!" she said loudly hugging you. She was very happy for both of you.