Leaving him

You were packing your things on Jaehyun's place. Today, you decided to get your things without him being there. Because in your heart it will break you. You wanted to be with him, but you know.. he already chose someone else. 

There was someone else. And that.. makes it more clear that you weren't on the picture. 

You opened the drawers seeing the little things, that he kept.. or more so likely he treasured. It was your polaroid photo, while you were kissing his neck and smiling. You took it, and stared it for awhile.

You sniffed, you hold your tears. You placed it where it was. And continue to take your things. You shut the drawer, and put everything into a box. 

" Y/n," someone called.

You turn to face, the person who tore you apart. He was there with his, puppy eyes, and porcelain skin that you used to admire. His cute little nose that you used to kiss. Jaehyun just stood there at the door. While he was breathing so fast, like went sprinting. A strand of his hair feel on his forehead.

" I..I was going to grab my things," you said, picking the box, hugging it tightly. You avoided eye contact, by looking at your things.

" I placed the spare keys at your bedside table," you glanced at him, who looked guilty at the same time. It hurts when you see him, with that look.

" So.. yeah. Thank you," you said as you slightly shove him so that you can get out of that room. You carefully went downstairs, to check if you already took all your things. You placed the boxed at the dinning table to grab a letter that you and Jaehyun had written. It was a promise letter, like an agreements. You really loved that piece of paper, because Jae had always respected that, but in just for a moment it was... like nothing. You took that, but Jaehyun took it away.

" Y/n, let me talk to you," he said.

" What's there to talk about? We already made it clear. You made it clear," I shot him a cold gaze. Emphasizing the word "you".

" No.. I did that.. I didn't think of my actions and the consequences." He tried to move closer but you took a step back. And you know by that it pains him. You just studied his face.

" I know, I shouldn't, but I did. I choose to hurt you. By going out with-"

" Why do you keep rubbing it in my face. "you began, your eyes were locked on his.

" That you chose to be with her-"

" I didn't choose her-"

"You did, Jae..." you cut him off, your voiced cracked.

" You choose her.. " a tear escaped in your eyes.

 Jaehyun stood there frozen, his eyes were completely red.

" You kept running to her. Ever since she came to your life..our life. You chose her, multiple times. So I'm trying to make it easy for you. " you said, controlling your voice. But the tears kept falling.

" I chose you, Y/n. I'll always chose you," he stepped forward, and held you on your cheeks. It made you froze. His touch was.. unbelievably irresistible. It went quiet for awhile. But.. it felt like you were being weigh down every time you see Jaehyun. 

Love can be amazing yet painful.

You looked at him. " Okay.. lets say you chose me. But don't you think I'll be that person you used to love?" it was like you slapped him with these words.

" I chose you, Jae. Multiple times, but this is enough. I'll probably hurt you," you said, taking deep breaths.

" Then hurt me.. I deserve that. Just, give me a chance. " his hands went to your hands, kissing it so hard, as his tears flows.

" Jae, remember when you told me.. that, we'll respect each other, and never try to hurt one another." you began, taking the piece of paper from his hands.

" Please.." he begged.

" But, this piece of paper.. is a reminder of that. And we'd agreed.. when one of us is hurt. One must be a bigger to step up, and chose what's right not only for that person. But for us." you said, caressing his cheeks.

" And I think this is right.. for us," your voice broke.

" I love you so much, Jae. I swear, I loved you, more than anything else. I still do, and this decision is based on that. And nothing else.. You'll see yourself with that woman, and remember me. The girl who gave you the chance to be with her, experience everything with her. And you'll be grateful. You'll see.." you stared at him, before he pulled you in a hug. So tight that you can't breath. You can feel him shaking.

"I can't see myself without you. Just please.." he whispered on your ears. 

" You will..someday," you said. Rubbing his back, before letting go of that embrace. Taking your things, as he stood there. Take your things, making your way to the door, you took a last look of Jaehyun. And smiled at him.

" Goodbye, Jae." with a weak smile. You went outside, leaving everything behind, including.. the amazing person who you loved.

°°°

au: have a great day ahead!🌹