car accident

caution: this will be a sad one... :3 this was requested! hope y'all enjoy!

_____________________________________________________

"Hey, what did I say about sharing?" you said in your class. You were a preschool teacher. It gives you happiness when you see a little one smile. You treated your student like your own child. You even imagine having your own, but you know Jaehyun wasn't ready for it. Especially when they started having this world tour. You were really happy for him. Because you know his dream is coming true. 

" WE NEED TO SHARE!" the class shouted attentively.  That made you smile.

It was like the old days, where you go to school, teach the little ones, then grab something to prepare dinner, especially today Jaehyun was going home. Now you were pushing the cart, grabbing some vegetables.

" Is it available?" you asked a sales lady about some sparkling water.

" Yes, Ma'am,"

You smiled at her and began to continue taking all the things you needed. You were holding a paper bag on your chest. Walking at the parking lot, it was a cold and breezy afternoon. But the sky was like a painting. You took the keys out of your pocket when suddenly your phone rang. You opened the door, your phone was still ringing. After putting the paper bag aside. You went inside the car, putting your seat belt on. Then you saw it was Jaehyun who was calling.

It made you smile, it was your Jaehyun. He'll be home by then.

" Hey, " you answered it up, looking at the windshield of the car. The parking was half-empty.

" Y/n," Jaehyun said.

" What time you'll be home?" you asked placing your phone on your lap. Starting the engine, it came to life. You were really excited to see him. Every part of him.

" 3 mins, I'll be in front of your house," he said with a low voice, but you know he's smiling like an idiot.

" Woahh, you're that excited?" you joked, beginning to drive. You reached the road, it wasn't heavy traffic, it went smooth just like the road.

He chuckled, "Yeah, I'm really excited, especially on what you're about to cook,"

" I miss you," you said out of nowhere.

He paused, " Don't worry we'll meet at any moment,"

Your heart skipped a beat. Having the thought that he'll be home with you. That you could touch him...feel his breath on your bare skin, even his soft whispers. His precious laughs, even when he snores.

" Yeah," you took a deep breath. You carefully stopped the car when you noticed something unusual. You saw three kids about to cross the road, passing by on your car, they were happy and unaware of what's about to happen. Your smile faded when you saw a truck exceeding the speed limit. You're eyes widen. You glance again at the kids, they were completely unaware. 

"Y/n?"Jaehyun called.

You tried to shout at the children but they didn't hear a thing. And without even second thoughts, you reverse the car. Blocking the kids, made you frozen. Staring at the truck, about to reach the front of your car. 

" Are you still there?" Jaehyun asked, you glanced at your phone.

You clenched your hands on the stirring wheel. Jaehyun asked again, it was like your body was cold, as tears stream on your cheeks. It was like in the movies but.. this came to reality.

_____________________________________________________

Jaehyun's POV