a bet

" She's just Jae's puppet," a woman mumbles, on his friends, she was a skinny and long-legged woman. She was a stunning woman, she wrapped her arm on Jaehyun's arm. As they both face his friend, they were laughing.

You slowly went to them, hearing a lot of things. Especially the word "bet". You know there was something wrong. His friend was busy laughing and drinking all kinds of alcoholic beverages. 

" Of course Jae did complete the task," the woman beside Jaehyun kissed his cheeks.

It was my heart cripple.

Your eyes were beginning to dry, so does your throat... unable to move when you heard your name. That's when it hit you, it was you. 

" Come on, Jae. Just say it," she said to Jaehyun who was not talking beside her. 

" Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?" his voice echoed in my head. Since that day you met him, he had been the perfect knight in shining armor.

Jaehyun had been perfect, too perfect to be real.

" Say it," you mumbles. You were standing there completely hurt and will be more,  once Jaehyun says it.

They were surprised, as you stood there at Jaehyun's back. They went silent, as Jaehyun began to face you. He was pale, his innocent eyes that were once beautiful were filled with fear and confusion. 

You looked at him, he looked like he had seen a ghost. Like he wasn't expecting you to be there. The woman beside Jaehyun smirks, pulling Jaehyun beside her.

" Say it.." your voice broke.

Every part of you hurt. It felt like your world was beginning to fall. 

Jaehyun went to hold your hand, but you stared at him, with your tired eyes.

" It's not wha-"

"Stop acting Jae, you already completed the bet," she said, laughing. Taking a sip of her drink before sitting beside Jaehyun's friends who was playfully and amazed at what's in front of them. Jaehyun being caught by his own trap. Falling in love, to a bet.

He looked at you, trying to say something. 

" Say it." 

"I...uh," he stuttered. Still holding your hands. You ignored his little actions as you watch him, trying to understand him. 

" Is it true..?" you asked, sobbing.

His face shifted to something that did break your heart. His eyes were telling the truth, after that his head fell down.

You sighed tiredly, before turning away from him. Walking away, away from this horrible and heartless scene.

You numbly walked out of the bar. You heard some people talking and watching you. You looked like a lost puppy. You didn't care of what they were thinking, you just wanted to get out of there, and let the tears do the work. As you make your way home, the memories kept coming back. Everything that he did for you, for this relationship was calculated. Everything that he did was a mere act.

Staring at the ground, letting your tears fall. You can't even feel anything, but the ache inside of you.

How did I let my guard down.. you thought.

"Crap.." you whispered, trying not to broke down into tears.

"Y/n," you heard Jaehyun called you, but you ignored him. Still walking unbothered, it felt like the world was pinning you down on the ground.

I'm just a bet.. you thought.

All this time, it was not real.

Everything was a lie.