Part 37

// This is how you fall in love,
Let go and I'll hold you up
So pull me tight and
close your eyes,
Oh my love, side to side //

Harry Styles

"Stella just because he doesn't behave the way you want him to, doesn't mean he doesn't love you with everything he has!" Niall yells out loud.

I look over to him, sudden panic rushing through the veins in my body. It felt like the oxygen around me got robbed away, and I couldn't breathe.

Did he just let that out?

She wasn't supposed to know that.

How am I gonna answer the questions leading to Niall's statement?

"W-what?" Stella stammered, her voice sounding the most confused she's ever been.

Liam, and Louis snapped their eyes at eachother, not knowing what to do while Niall realises what he just said.

"What d-did you just say?" She repeats herself.

I looked on the ground, not understanding anything about this situation. I just didn't wanted to make an eye contact with her, or it'll be even more difficult.

She wasn't supposed to know. This is the only thing that was circling inside my mind at this point.

This felt like something I've never ever felt before. It was the first time when I didn't know what was I supposed to do.

My mind was about to explode.

"Oh, nothing actually it just got slipped out of my mouth because of all the-" Niall starts speaking but god knows why I had to cut him in between.

"I love you." I whisper in the lowest voice possible. It was like I was telling that to myself, and not the others around me. There's no way they heard that, it wasn't audible.

But WHAT IS HAPPENING?
No, I didn't say that. What the fuck are you doing Harry?

"Did you say something?" Niall asks because he got cut off.

"I said, I love her." I say a little louder this time, looking directly into Stella's hazel brown eyes.

I think I lost control of myself.

My mind and heart couldn't function together. There was this continuous fight between them which was making a disaster in me. My mind didn't want Stella to know what I feel about her, but my heart wanted something else. And I think in that race between them, my heart won because it made me speak first.

I just told her, I love her.

Her expressions were something I could always understand and make out, but today was something else.
I don't know if she was confused, shocked, happy, sad, or even scared for that matter.

She definitely looked addled though.

She gulped in fear, and gathered everything in her to speak again.

"Y-you l-love me?" She stammered.

I've said that myself. There's no backing down from here. Niall maybe would've covered it, but I don't think she'd believe it. But me repeating it twice in front of her made things very clear. As much as I wanted to hide this from her, I wanted to express myself as well. And I don't know what came over me because I let that out again.

"Y-yes, I love you, Stella." I say in a soft comforting voice.

I walk towards her and take her hand in mine. I bring her over to the couch lying here in the hall, and make her sit on it. I kneel down in front of her and keep hold of her hands in mine.