Part 55

Harry Styles

"See Harry, the chorus and bridge sound ridiculously perfect. It's just this second verse man? Let's do it one last time okay?" The studio manager says from the other side of the glass partition, sounding eager to try the song once again, whereas I just roll my eyes.

"Fuck off. Let's wrap up, we'll do it tomorrow or something. We've been here in the studio for hours now." I tell everyone in the room, and the band immediately gets up from their places and keep their instruments aside.

"Tomorrow at ten?" Sarah walks towards me whereas I switch on my phone before keeping it back inside my back pocket.

"Yeah I guess." I shrug while we both walk out of the studio together, and the others wind-up behind us. I get inside my car and ask her to join as well, and tell her that I'll drop her home.

"How come you're suddenly so sweet to me?" Sarah chuckles as she gets in the passanger seat and puts on her seatbelt, while looking at me as she waits for an answer.

"Dunno why." I shrug again before I start the car engine, smiling to myself because of the person behind the reason for me being nice to people around me these days.

Yeah.

"The effect she has on you is insanely cute by the way." She murmurs while looking out of the window, whereas I look at her with creased brows.

"You guys don't deserve me being nice."
I reply while taking the turn which leads to her apartment.

"What? I'm saying she's made you a better man, that's all? It's a sweet nice compliment fyi." She tells me before taking out her phone and starting to scroll through it.

The rest of the ride is quiet, where I just put on the playlist I made for Stella and think about her, until we finally reach Sarah's place.

"You're heading home?" She asks while she removes the seatbelt, eyes on me.

I recall if I have any work to do or do I have to pick Stella from Louis', but I remember Niall texted me that Louis and Stella left way back, so I'm good.

"Yeah, just need to stop at some shop I guess?" I then tell her, changing the song that's been playing before it ends, then putting on Stella's favourite song.

"What shop?" She asks another question which makes me chuckle to myself before I tell her, "We're out of condoms."

She groans and regrets asking the question in the first place and gets out of the car, quietly walking into her apartment.

She turns around midway and yells, "Tell her I say hi."

I nod and reverse the car before starting to drive again, turning up the volume louder. I stop at the usual supermarket I do everytime and get out of the car.

Hope there's nobody in there at this hour for fucks sake.

I walk inside and go towards the aisle which I know very well by now, and pick out a few boxes of my size before walking towards the racks full of chocolates. I pick up as many big chocolates which I can fit in my hands and then walk towards the billing counter.

The man at the cash counter looks in his forties, quite old looking and sleepy as well I guess. I could've just walked out of here and he wouldn't have noticed for real.

But okay, she says- always do the right thing.

I pay the rounded off amount before walking out with the condoms and chocolates in a bag. I get in the car once again and my phone starts ringing so I settle in and check that it's Niall.