CHAPTER 1 : A NEW DAY

'Swoosh' someone opens my curtains and the piercing day light falls on my face. 

"Wake up you sleepy head" says a familiar annoying voice. 

"Its a new day, wake up and crab the opportunities it offers you." he chuckles at his own words in the end. 

"Go away Haze" I say, still  feeling sleepy. 

The next thing I know I was on the ground with my covers still on my head. My pesky brother pulled me by my arm and leg to the ground. I groan in pain and he finds it amusing. 

Seriously life..? 

He sits opposite to me while I rub my back. 

"C'mon Hazie, its first day of senior year. Aren't you excited? " Not at all, I thought to myself. 

"yeah, Yeah." 

Mondays are the worst. Why do they even exist. 

Haze helps me to my feet and starts to leave as I longingly stare at my bed. My soft queen sized bed, practically begging me to lie down and go back to sleep.

"Don't even think of getting back into the bed, or next will be a bucket full of ice water." He warns as he notices me.

"I'm awake. See... all fresh and energetic." I say in an over exaggerating voice while pointing to my face. Chuckling he leaves my room and intentionally shuts the door with a loud a bang.

 Whining like a 5 year old I drag myself to my bathroom. As I looked into the mirror a soft gasp escapes my lips. 

 A girl with ruffled dark brown hair, puffy brown eyes and pale skin stares back at me. I should have kept up with my skin care routine. I quickly recover from the shock, brush my teeth and hop into the shower. 

As the hot water runs down my body every tensed muscle relaxes. The sleepiness and the tiredness evaporate with the hot steam. Wrapping a towel around me I get out and start rummaging through my closet to find an outfit for myself. 

I throw on a white off shoulder crop top with a pair of black ripped jeans and white sneakers. Not wanting to experiment something with my look I simply blow dry my hair and after brushing them I let them fall on my back loosely. I apply a bit of face cream, lip gloss and mascara. 

This time when I watch myself in the mirror, the confident, cheeky, funny, 18 year old Hazel Mikaelson, looks back. 

It'll be good. The day will be good. 

I glance at the clock in my room, there's still half an hour to spare. Grabbing my things I headed down stairs. 

"Morning mom," I greet, giving her a side hug.

"Morning honey" she replies with a pleasant smiled. 

Mom was slicing some fruits and Maria, our cook was rearranging the shelves. I walk up to the fridge and grab a bottle of milk and the pack of cereal from the cabinet. I settle on one of the stools, laid beside the island and start munching on my fruit loops. Moments later Aiden and Haze walk in. 

Aiden is my youngest brother and Haze is my twin. He is elder than me, but only by 5 minutes. 

"Morning Mom, morning Si-Si..." His words muffle into his yawn.

I smile with my mouth full of cereal. He sits beside me and takes a spoon full of loops from my bowl. 

"Hey..." I whined. "make one for yourself." I pass him a bowl and a spoon. He lazily pours him some. 

"So, how do you guys feel? Finally a senior huh...." Mom's excited voice breaks the silence.

"Excited..." "Exhausted..." Haze and I reply at the same time.

"Oh honey, don't worry, you'll make some new friends." She smiles at me reassuringly.

"Now, I'm getting late for work. I'll be home late so don't wait for me at dinner. Get to school safely." Grabbing her car keys she walks out of the kitchen.

"Another late shift... Why is she doing that to her self?" Aiden growls. 

"Time to go..." Haze announces, ignoring his question.

 Haze's Range Rover was already in the drive way and he quickly got into the driver's seat. Aiden looked at me and then ran towards the passenger side.

"I get the shotgun. I get the shot gun." He sings.

I chuckle at his childishness and get in the back seat. I hum along the song playing on the radio, thinking about Phoebe.

Phoebe Martin was my best friend. This summer, she had to move to Chicago because her dad wanted to set up a business there. I've known her since grade 5, and going to school knowing that she won't be there waiting for me beside my locker, pains like hell. 

Yeah, that's the reason for my lack of excitement for the senior year. Phee and I've been planning for this day our whole junior year. And now that she's not here, I dread walking through those doors all by my self.

Its not like I don't have any friends. Daniel Evans and Zach Davis, Haze's bestfriends are the only people that fall into the category of friends for me after Phoebe. I've known both of them, since I was 4 or 5. We met them in an Ice cream shop. 

A small smile makes its way onto my face as I think of the memory. But I feel like an outsider while hanging out with them. They're always talking about the football and other dude stuff. 

If you know what I mean.

I was so drowned in my thoughts that I didn't even realize, when we reached the school's parking area. The whole lot was crowded with students. Looking at all those happy and cheerful faces I sucked in a deep breath and prepared myself for a long and lonely day. 

*~ *~ *~*

Hey guys! so this was the first chapter of After All This Time. I hope you liked it. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and share.