Chapter 24: I am the Heart

☸ Haze's P.O.V ☸

Why is she mad at me? What did I do?

Nevertheless, I silently follow her to the kitchen and sit on one of the bar stool. She walks over to the sink and returns with a wet towel.

"Give me your hand." she snaps. I give her my hand and she begins to clean the blood.

Woah, I just sounded like a criminal. 

My eyes stay fixed on her the entire time. God, she is so beautiful. Though her eyebrows are knotted together in anger, her hazel eyes hold worry. 

"Hey... talk to me." I push her chin up with my finger, so that her eyes meet mine.

"I don't wanna talk." She smacks my hand away and walks back to the sink.

What the hell? 

"You are mad at me because I beat the guy who was talking shit about you." She opens her mouth to protest, but closes it when nothing comes out. "Exactly."

"You know what, I'm not sorry about that. I'll do it again if I have to." Running a hand through my hair I turn to the counter and burry my head into my hands. Who does she think she is. Why am I even here with her in the first place.

Cause you like her.

No I don't.

Oh you sure do.

"Haze?" I feel her small hand on my shoulder. 

"What?" I growl, still not looking at her. I'm sure she is here to say something rude or probably to start an argument.

"I'm sorry." See, I tol-, Wait what? Did I hear that right? Did Crystal O'Conner just apologize to me. I look at her in disbelief.

"I'm sorry okay. I'm not mad at you. Its just... I- I don't know. I just feel angry." Okay, this is weird, then why am I smiling like a complete idiot.

"I just don't want you getting hurt coz of me." She continues.

"Why?" The words fall out of mouth before I even know. Her eyes snap at me and confusion dances in them. "Why don't you want me to get hurt." 

"What kind of question is that?" she shakes her head, laughing nervously and move to kitchen counter to make coffee. 

I don't want coffee, I need answers. 

"Answer me." I stand behind her. 

"I care for you okay..." She turns around and but stumbles back when sees me so close to her. I steady her by grabbing her waist. Since she doesn't make any move to push them away, I let them rest in their place. 

"People care about their dogs too dumbo." I pin a strand of her hair behind her ear, chuckling. Did I ever mention how cute she looks when she blushes. Wait, why haven't she said anything. I mean, where are the rude and snide remarks today. 

Hmm... Not that I'm complaining. 

Maybe she likes you back...

There's no liking back, when I don't like her myself.

Oh, then why are you so eager for her answer? And above all, why is your heart going wild?

Just shut up brain.

Oh no.. no.. The brain is no longer in command. I'm the heart speaking.

Whatever...

I hoist her to the counter and stand between her legs. "Tell me, why do care, if I'm hurt or not."