Chapter 26: Punched and Kicked

☮ Ace's P.O.V ☮

Fucking hell. I think my brain vessels are about to burst. I feel like someone's banging my head with sledge hammer. Remind me never to drink like that again. God knows what shit I blabbered last night. What all did I tell Hazel. 

Just kill me already. 

Great, fucking Great. There are no Aspirins in my bag. Why am I so fucking dumb. 

I have to wake her up. Shit I hate this. 

"Hazel" I shake her lightly. She looks so peaceful. "buttercup..." Her eyes open in slits and she looks at me. 

"Ace you okay?" She sits up immediately and cups my face. 

"yeah, I'm fine, I-I just... umm, I have a terrible head ache, do you have something for the pain." 

"Yeah," She sighs in relief and walks up to her bag. "Here, take this." I grab the water bottle from the side table and take the pills, while she freshens up.

I walk to kitchen and make some coffee for both us. "Morning." She hugs me from behind. 

"Morning buttercup. I'm so sorry, I had to wake you up. I forgot to bring the meds and couldn't find any around the house." I turn around and wrap my arms around her. 

"That's fine." She mumbles against my chest. 

"Who changed me?" I ask while handing her the mug of coffee.

"I did." She smiles proudly and sits on one of the bar stools. A minute pass in silence, why is this so awkward? 

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Her voice startles me a bit. 

"Tell you what?" I clear my throat nervously. No.. No.. No.. This can't be happening. Someone tell me I didn't tell her what I think I told her.

"You know what." She gives me pointed look and I sigh in defeat. I run my fingers through my hair while she sits next to me. 

"We can talk later if you are not comfortable." She says reassuringly.

"No, Its fine. I just don't know where to start." I smile sheepishly.

"How about you tell me about your mom." My eyes snap at her. I told her about my mom too?

Okay... I can do this. If she really means what I think she told me last night, then she'll stay with me. But I honestly think it was all a dream, a very blurry one though. I can't remember anything clearly. 

"My mom's name was Anna Clark. I don't remember much about her, coz before I got to do that, my bastard dad sent me away into foster care. He was a drunk and was kicked out of his job because of his habits." I take in a deep breath as the memories resurfaces. Her grip tightens on my hand, like telling me that she is right here.

"The expenses were all adding up with a child and no one to pay them off. He wouldn't let mom work cause it was against his fucking pride. They'd fight each other every night and I like a scared little bitch, would hide in my room." 

"Don't say that... you were just a kid. And don't even think that I'll judge you for this. I use to hide in my closet every time my parents got into a fight." She looks at her hand which was in her lap. I don't what to say. Think we both had shitty pasts.

*Flashback*

My door bursts open and my excuse of a father stumbles inside.

"You, You fucking pig." He kicks me off the bed. "Slept well, huh?" He spits. He then walks to my closet, grabs one of my bag and starts stuffing my cloths in it.