Chapter 37: Sensible One

❣ Crystal's P.O.V ❣

"Haze... wait." I call after him as he storms out of the airport. 

Dude, why are things so complicated. I just said goodbye to my best friend, and now my boyfriend is upset as hell. Well, he is upset for the past month, but I know, staying away from your sibling for that long sucks. 

When get to the parking lot, I see him leaning against his car. I quickly run to him and wrap my arms around him. He instantly hugs me back, burring his head in my neck. 

"I fucking hate him. If it wasn't for my mom, I would have murdered him by now." He growls.

"I sure as hell would have helped you." I joke, making him chuckle lightly. "C'mon lets get you home." We both hop into his car and drive off. 

"You sure you don't wanna go home." He asks as we make our way to his room.

"Nah, I know better than to disturb my brother at this point. He'll be upset as hell, but the time he spends alone, helps him cope up. Besides, I don't wanna leave you alone at this point." I shrug. 

Suddenly, his phone starts to ring. He pulls it out to see his mom's name flashing on the screen. 

"Hello?"

*"his mom says something* "

"please don't do this.."

" *she says something again.* "

" FINE." He barks into the phone, hangs up and throws it on his bed.

"What is it?"

"She's off to work." I huffs. "She's always done this. Every time there's a situation, she's off to work." He says angrily and plops onto the bed, burring his face into the pillow. 

"Maybe that's her mechanism of coping up, like Ace drinks until he is wasted" I shrug and lay beside him, staring at the ceiling. He mumbles something like, Maybe I should join him. But it gets muffled by the pillow, so I just pretend I never heard it.

"Everyone does not have the 'mechanism of coping'." He mocks me. "Sometimes they just need a long hug from their beloved ones, and an it'll be okay." He grabs my hand and starts drawing small circles on my palm. That has always been so relaxing. 

"Sit up." I say. 

"What? why?" He asks.

"Oh, just do as I say." I pull him by his hand to make him sit. 

"Now what?" He huffs.

Without saying anything, I climb into his lap, wrapping him in my arms while my legs circle his waist. "It'll all be okay. You'll be okay." I whisper, while playing with his hair. 

"Sometimes kisses would work too." He chuckles, making me laugh. 

"Kisses always work." I smile, giving his lips a long peck. 

"I love you, you know that right?" He smiles down at me but it was a fake one. I can tell when his smile is fake or real. If you see the edges of his eyes crinkle, its real. More or less he smiles with his eyes.

"What is it." I question in a serious tone and his eyes make there life mission to avoid mine. "Haze... what's going inside your head?" I grab his chin, making him look right into my eyes.

"I don't want us to end up like Ace and Hazel." He sighs in defeat.

"What? What do you mean?" Okay, this shit is confusing. How did Ace and Hazel end up in the first place.