Chapter 48: Wish Its Me

Hazel's P.O.V

*Warning: Bit of a mature scene ahead*

"What did he say?" Crystal asks.

"Oh nothing... just tad bit of hassle in the kitchen." I shake my head, but who am I kidding? That blond girl right beside my brother can read me like an open book. She eyes me suspiciously, so I just nod towards the ball room where Kate is. 

I see them walking towards us, and the waiter too starts walking. Kate takes the seat on my left while Ace is busy texting someone. His eyes are glued to his phone. And...

Holy shit. That wasn't the plan.

When its time for the real action, the blue eyed jackass, stands right beside me. And the waiter actually trips and spills a glass of wine on him. 

"Are you crazy... I asked you to spill the drink on her not him." She shouts.

I guess the plan worked anyway. Fantastic.

All heads turn to her direction while her face turns red. 

"What are you saying Kate?" Ace asks in disbelief. I make an eye contact with Crystal, gesturing her to take over. She smirks at me and gets off of her seat.

"Yeah... answer him Kate." 

"I-I..." She stammers. 

"C'mon... lets get you cleaned up." I offer and he agrees. While Crystal shoots lasers at the bell girl I take Ace for a wardrobe chance. 

"Take off your jacket, I get some towels." I say and walk to the bathroom. Tying my hair in a bun I grab the towel, soak it in the water and head out. By now he has taken off the the blazer and the waist coat, and the shirt is almost buttoned down, giving me a clear view off his abs and chest. 

Handing him the towel, I sit on the bed, while he stands in front of the mirror, trying to wipe the stain off. 

Its okay heart, its just Ace, no need to flatter your self. But who am I talking to; its my heart. It'll beat a miles per hour every time this blue eyed human is near me. 

"Hey... I'm sorry about Kate. I don't know what's gotten into her these days." He apologizes. 

"No problem. Besides, no harm was done to me." something was wrong with her from the beginning my love, you just refused to see it. You let me walk away because you were too stubborn to see her true face. 

You know what? I sure as hell am gonna regret this later, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Just have to make sure my heart does not explode in the process.

I get up from the bed and stand in front of him. Taking the towel from his hand I start scrubbing the stain. 

"How long have you guys been engaged again?" I glance at him, to see his eyes fixed on me, with a small smile playing on his lips. There is barely any space between us, making it a bit too hot.

"6 months." He says.

"You know... you've never been a good liar Ace." I smirk and his face goes void of every emotion. 

"Wh- What are you talking about." He stutters.

"You really think, you guys will get engaged and that girl will not rub it in my face. Also... She doesn't strike me as the person who wouldn't wear her ring at a party." I chuckle.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He looks away. I grab his chin and make him look at me, while wiping the wine splashes that were on his cheek. 

"Do you love her?" I question looking right into his eyes, shocked at own words and confidence. Guilt flashes through his eyes, but he covers it up quickly. 

"Yes." He breaks the eye contact making me smile. I internally sigh in relief, knowing that he is lying. 

"Fine... then you won't mind me asking some questions." I smirk and his eyes find mine again. I take a step forward and unbutton the rest of the buttons. My finger tips touching his skin. 

"Does your heart, race like that when she is this close to you?" I look into his eyes. Vulnerability clear in them. 

"Do you feel the butterflies and fire works go off every time her fingers caress you skin." I run my fingers across his torso, from his chest to his abs. his skin is warm, and I can feel the sparks igniting on my finger tips.

"Hazel stop." He whispers, his breath fanning my lips. 

"Why? If you love her, then I shouldn't affect you." I grab his hands and put them around my waist. He does not take them off. 

That's a good sign. 

My hands find their way to his hair and my fingers tangle themselves in his silky black hair. 

"Does your heart skip a beat every time she kisses you." I leave a trail of lingering kisses on his jaw, and catch his eyes flutter close from the corner of my eyes. "Do Your eyes flutter close the just the way they did right now." I whisper sexily in his ear, lightly bighting his ear lobe. I feel his breath hitch, and a smirk automatically makes its way onto my lips. His grip tighten around my waist, pulling me even closer. 

"Tell me Ace." I plant a couple of kisses on his neck and his head automatically crooks to the side. I then slide my hands slowly down his shoulder and wrap them around him from under his shirt. Our eyes lock and I can see the desperation and lust in his eyes. I hope I don't mirror his expressions, though my heart is going wild. 

"Do you picture her as me every time she wraps her hands around you, every time she holds you." He caresses my cheek with his thumb and I let myself lean into his touch, but don't break the eye contact. 

"Do you wish its me every time you hear her call you name? Every time when you hold her before going to sleep do you imagine her as me?" This time, I want him to answer. I want to know what he feels when he is with her. 

But his next move, is hard for me to resist. All my questions are answered and all my doubts are cleared. He leans in and claims my lips with his. I instantly kiss him back, feeling the butterflies and fireworks all over my skin, like it was the first time. Our lips move in sink, devouring each others lips like its the last time. 

Or maybe it is.

A sigh of what sounded like relief escapes his lips as he pulls me closer so there is no space left between us. He holds me like he has never before. Like he is afraid to let me go. Again.

One day with him and you forgot all the pain you had to go through.

I instantly pull back, panting. His serene blue orbs filled with love and happiness as he looks at me. I know its wrong, but I miss his touch already. The way it felt to be near him. The warmth, the love.

*****

That was hot. Wasn't it? Its a good way to patch up I guess. But there's still some unsolved business, some truth that needs to be known. 

I can't believe this book is finally coming to an end. I mean there are some chapters left, but yeah... it'll be done after that. I hope ya all are liking it. And yeah... please comment and vote, they are source of motivation for me. The song on the top is actually the inspiration of this chapter.