Chapter 14: First Date

"You're telling me this right now." Crystal shouts at me, as we are in the middle of our Spanish class.

"Is there a problem Miss Crystal?" Mr. Diaz asks with an angry expression. 

"No sir, I'm sorry." 

I just told Crystal that Ace asked me on a date last night and now she's over exaggerating because I waited till the last class to her about this. 

"Girl, you so dead. No going home today, We're going shopping." She orders.

"I already have so many dresses Crys." I protest.

"Fine, but if I don't like any on of them, I'll drag you to the shopping mall myself." I put my hands up in surrender. "God, I can't believe you kept it from me for this long." I laugh at her, earning a last warning from Mr. Diaz. 

As soon as the bell rings, Crystal drags me to the parking lot. On my way I see Ace casually leaning against the locker beside Haze's. I send him a quick wave before getting pulled even harder. 

~~~~

"What time does he picks you up."

"7" 

"We have no time Hazel." She's starting to get on my nerves now. My room looks like, it hasn't been cleaned for ages. All my shoes are scattered here and there, I wonder if I can even find their pairs later. My closet floor is covered with all sorts of dresses which Crystal rejected by saying things like 'this one's too glittery, this ones too long, This is too short' etc etc. Its just a date what's so special about it.

Date... And then, realization hits me like tons of bricks. Its my first official date. Its not like I haven't been on dates, but they were more like Hangout, not like a date date. Okay, maybe it is special. 

I smile at a hyperventilating Crystal and that seems to push her over the edge even more. 

"Lets just take a break. We literally have 3 hours before Ace comes to pick me up." I push her towards the bed, forcing her to sit down and then sprinting downstairs to get some drinks for us. On my way back I ask Maria to get us some snacks.

"How about we watch something." I offer as I hand her the juice.

"I still think that we should go to the mall and get you a new dress." Sighing I look at the plain V neck black dress, which ends mid thigh. Crystal paired it with long high heeled black boots and a long white cardigan. 

"I think its perfect." I tell her honestly. "Besides, your brother wants to go on a date with me and not the dress." I try to joke but that just earns me a death glare from her. "Okay, enough about the date, lets watch friends." With that I plop on the bed and turn the T.V. on. Crystal tries to protest a couple of times but I just ignore her. After sometime, she gives in and watches the show silently, occasionally laughing at Joey and Chandler's punch lines.

An hour later we decide to start the job. My hair and make up take like forever. But when I look at my reflection, I'm petrified.

The girl that stares back at me is someone else. She looks so beautiful and confident. The smoky eye makeup and the layers of mascara, brings out her brown orbs so profoundly. Her perfect brown locks, fall in waves, right above her waist and the dark lipstick stands out the best. 

The black dress hugs her on all the right paces, flaunting each and every curve on her body.

"I look-"

"Ravishing." Crystal finishes off the sentence for me. Well, I wouldn't even care to deny that. I'm totally in love with me today. Not that I don't love my self everyday, its just, I think, this the best I've ever looked.