Chapter 10: Anger Issues

"Life is tough my darling, but so are you..."

I've read this quote like a 100 times and the only question that pops is, 'Am I tough?'

I'm currently sitting on my bed doing my work, thanks to my dad, I have to work extra hard to catch up onto my new subjects. Apparently the past week has been busy for all of us. Crystal, got onto the cheer leading squad coz, one of their members Liliane, ditched them and the boys have been busy with the practice for tomorrows game.

Ace managed to sneak some calls and texts within his busy days just to check up on me. He's really been true to his words and have been there for me. The small talks and late night texts have helped me distract my mind from the situation. 

A fuzzy feeling fills me up every time his name flashes on my mobile screen and all my distress is washed away. But lately, he sounds really tired. I wonder if he gets any good night sleep.

As my ear plugs hum the soft melody of the song You and I by 1 Direction in my ear, I hear a knock on the door. I look up to see a tired Ace dressed in a white t- shirt and a black leather jacket and a light washed blue jeans, leaning against the thrash hold. 

I smile at the Greek god like human standing in front of me. "I thought you had practice?"

"We called off early to get some rest for tomorrow." He walks in and plops onto the bed beside me. "What ya doing?"

"Working." I say in a bored voice. "You should go home and rest, you sound really exhausted."

"Nah, I'm fine. Besides, I haven't had a chance to hangout with my birdie, all week." Redness creeps all over my face as he calls me 'my birdie' and I hide my face into my brown locks.

I turn to face him and look into his his tired blue eyes. "You look exhausted" I whisper softly, brushing his jet black hair off of his orbs. "You hungry?"

"No, I just had a sandwich. Lets watch a movie?" I nod and grab the remote. 

Half an hour later when I look at Ace... he is fast asleep. I smile, and move to take off his shoes and pull the covers over him. I decide to complete the movie, and when the credits roll in I feel the tiredness taking over me as well.

I lie down facing is heavenly and peaceful face. My fingers caress his cheek lightly and as if sensing my touch, he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. 

His presence is surely not good for my heart.

You know what, Its no use denying it. I'm just making a fool out myself by doing so. His voice, his touch, even his arrogant smirks have the ability to make my heart race a thousand miles. 

I've known this all week, but, never had the guts to admit it. 

I like him... Yes, I do.

Smiling at the thought, I let my eyelids close and drift off to La La land.

☸ Haze's P.O.V ☸

Sometimes I wish I was allowed a murder. But then, would I murder my dad or my couch?

God, he is just not ready to listen anythi-. My line of thought is cut off by some boys, standing at the gym entrance. Curiosity gets the best of me and even before I register my actions, I walking towards them. I recognize Jackson and couple of his friends.