Chapter 8: Family

If I say, that the last few days were normal, then that's the biggest lie of the millennium. 

Why?

Because my dad, yeah, the person how doesn't even know we exist, has been around a lot in the past couple  of days. He's taken us out for dinner, he watched a freaking movie with us. Can you believe that? No me neither.

I just don't understand, why the sudden change. What does he want. Well, that's the question I've been asking my self for the past 2 hours. 

I woke up at 4 in the morning and since then the same thought has been going through my mind. 

The cold air hits my face as I stroll in the garden. Its still dark, and the atmosphere is really calm and silent. The only distraction from my thoughts, are my friends, Ace in particular. We both have this weird connection, that brings us together. I like spending time with him and most importantly I love hearing those stupid names he calls me with. 

To be honest, he's grown on me. He talks to other girls too but, he's different around me. We laugh, argue and above all we enjoy Haze and Crystal's fights. They don't fight very often these days, but when they do, its epic. 

As I pass by the rows of flowers I see beautiful pink roses on the bushes. I remember the time when we were little and mom used to teach us how to plant flowers. Haze and I would always end up crying, because the flower won't bloom right after we planted it. Covered in mud, we'd run around the house and make the carpets dirty.

A smile spreads across my face, as the memory resurfaces. 

"What are you looking at?" Haze's voice startles me.

I turn around with a hand over my heart. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Can't sleep." He shrugs and squats down in front of the bushes.

"You remember when Mom use to teach us how to plant flowers?" 

"Vividly." He says smiling, still looking at the pink bunch. He stands up and we both start walking.

"What were you thinking about." He questions after some time.

"I-I just can't wrap my head around the fact that he is around just because he suddenly remembers that we exist. All our life he's ignored us and now all of a sudden he recalls that he has family." I say truthfully and the look on his face tells me, that he's thinking the same.

"He's definitely up to something, we just have to find out." I nod and stare at the rising sun. Its rays mingle into the inky blue darkness, making it look more magnificent.

~~~~

"Sup weirdo?" I roll my eyes, as a strong arm drapes around my shoulder. "Did you just roll your eyes at me?" 

"No... I just... I- okay have nothing to say.." His laughter fades into the noisy hallway, as we make our way to the class. 

"See, you always seem to prove me right." 

"Whatever.." I roll my eyes again.

"What are you doing after school?" Ace questions.

"Probably nothing."

"Great, we're going out." He chimes and stops in front of a class room.

"Like a date..." I wiggle my eyebrows at him and he just chuckles.

"No... just hanging out... you and me..." he says wagging a finger between us.

"Fine... pick me up 4:30..." I shrug and turn on my heels, sassily flipping my hair. His laughter rings into my ears, making me smile.