Chapter 28: Liar

❣ Hazel's P.O.V ❣

My fingers trace the silver bracelet. There are two strings, loosely intertwined and stars in each empty space. Its simple but so beautiful.

"Here, let me put it on." He takes it from the box, and clips it around my wrist.

"Its beautiful. I love it." I smile at him. 

 "It actually reminds me of the time when I took you out for the first time." 

"Yeah, It does." I wrap my arms around his neck while his hands curl around my waist. I get on my toes and kiss him. He smiles against my lips and pulls me closer. Sparks erupt on my skin and electricity courses throughout my body. 

After a while he breaks the kiss, and looks at me. His eyes a whirlpool of emotions. He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, leaning down.

"I realized something today." He whispers. 

Please, tell me it's not what I think. Tell me its not what I realized last night. 

"Mmm-Hmm." I gulp and try to smile, but fail miserably.

"I'm in love." Damn it Ace. Why'd you say that.

"With whom?" I try to play dumb.

"With you silly."  he chuckles and I take a step away from him. "What is it? Look, you can take your time. I don't wanna rush you." he takes a step closer but I take one back again.

Say it. Say and end this misery for both of you.

"What if I say I don't." I look at him and face drops instantly.

"What?" He breaths. Confusion and hurt swimming in the oceans of his blue eyes.

"I don't love you Ace. You and me, this can't happen." I say in a monotone voice. Trying to show no emotions. "Look it was fun but, I'm not ready to dive into a serious relation with you." My heart just broke into a million pieces. And the look on his face is not helping either. 

"You mean, that what we had all along, was just a game for you. Just something to kill time." He whispers in a low voice with a hint of anger.

"Call it what you want." I look away and blink back the tears. "See I don't wanna give you false hopes with a relationship that wouldn't work." 

Scream at me, fight with me. Tell me you hate me and end this. Just don't look at me with that look in your eyes. The look of hurt and betrayal. Don't make this anymore harder for me.

"And why do you think it wouldn't work?" He asks while stepping closer. This time, I don't step back. I can feel the anger and hurt radiating from him.

If only I could tell him the truth. Right now, I just wanna kiss him and tell him what I really feel. I just can't bear to see him like this.

"Didn't you hear me the first time Ace, I don't love you and also, I'm leaving for L.A right after prom. The next evening to be exact." 

"You what?" He shouts, startling me. "And you didn't even bother to tell me." He runs a hand through his hair and turns back to face the railing again. 

"I didn't feel obliged." I shake my head. 

"Right." he scoffs.

He turns back abruptly and holds me by my arms. His grip so tight, that it hurts.

"Ace you're hurting me." I click my tong and try to push him away.

"Look me in the eyes and say you don't love me." His breath fans my lips as he stares deep into my eyes.