Chapter 52: Charlie Who

Ace's P.O.V

"You don't know what you saying buttercup." I sigh looking down at my hands. She is too drunk to comprehend, what she is talking about.

"Why'd you say so." She sits up from her lying position and looks at me with confused eyes.

"Cause you're drunk." I voice my thoughts and she shakes her head. "You probably hate me. At least the sober you does." I smile sadly. 

I know she does, and she has every right too.

"See, here's a thing." She moves from her seat and climbs onto my lap, straddling me. For a moment I'm shocked by the move, but recover quick. My hands involuntarily curl around her waist while hers wrap around my neck. 

"That's the one thing I could never do. I understood that a long time ago. Trust me, I tried... but I just couldn't  bring myself to hate you. Not saying it didn't hurt. It indeed broke me, but..." She trails off looking deep into my eyes with a smile.

"You gave me more memories to love you than to hate." To say I'm shocked at the confession, is the biggest understatement of the millennium. Not even once did I think of her to say that. 

"You were one of the people who hurt me, but I think you are the very last, coz the damage done was really minimal. So no, I don't hate you." Right now, I'm getting a major Deja vu. 

She was drunk when she told me she liked me and was a bit drunk when she said those 3 words, before leaving. And now this. Her eyes, shine with glee and like always, they speak the truth to me.

"I don't deserve you Hazel." I shake my head and look away. But she grabs my chin and makes me look back into those brown orbs. 

"That's for me to decide." With that she plants her lips on mine. I immediately kiss her back, holding  her as close to me as possible. I can't let her go. Not now, not ever. She is the one for me and I can't imagine my life without her. If anything, these 5 years made me realize, that I'm incomplete without her. 

Sparks travel through my body at her touch and my heart is just out of its senses. I bet she can hear it thumping against my chest. A moan of pleasure, escaped her lips as I bite down her lower lip. Her fingers tangle into my hair and tug them lightly making me sigh into her lips. 

She smiles, knowing she's always gonna have that control over me. 

A while later, I pull back. She rests her head against mine, breathing heavily. "So, you don't hate me?" 

"Ask me in the morning, maybe the sober me will change my answer." She laughs. 

"I'm afraid I won't be able to do that." I smile apologetically while tucking a loose strand behind her ear. 

"Why?" 

"I have to go somewhere. An important work. Can't be avoided." 

"Okay..." She nods and snuggles her head into the crook of my neck.

"What time do you leave?" She whispers to my neck, making tingles erupt all over my skin. 

"5:30." 

"Hmm, Drive me home?" She asks. 

"Yeah sure." She gets off me and hands me her car keys. 

"You know... you never answered my questions." She says the moment I pull out of the parkin lot.

"What questions?" I ask in confusion. What is she talking about.

"The ones I asked you at the party..." Oh... The questions. I turn to her only to see her smirking at me. Alcohol does brings out a different Hazel. 

"Do I really have to answer?" I mirror her expression. 

"Yes." She completely turns to face me. Sighing I look into her shining eyes.

"Honestly, I did picture you every time I was with her. But its never felt the same. All in all I felt like I was cheating on you." I smile at her, but to my surprise, she snorts and starts laughing. 

What the hell? Did I say something funny? 

"What?" I question in utter shock.

"Did, did you just quote Charlie?" She manages to say between her laughs.

"Charlie who?" I was just trying to be romantic here and who the hell is Charlie?

"Charlie Puth dummy. Haven't you heard the song. 

'I know I said goodbye baby you said it too, 

But when I touch her I feel like I'm cheating on you.' " She sings.

"No I haven't heard it, but it pretty much sums up my feelings." I huff. From the corner of my eye, I see her smiling at me. Shaking my head at my weirdo, I pull into the driveway. I walk to her side and instead to letting her walk I scoop her into my arms. 

Her giggles fill the silent air of the house as I carry her upstairs.

"Which one is yours?" I ask looking at the rows of doors on the first floor.

"3rd one." She points a lazy finger towards the door and snuggles closer to me. 

"There you go." I lay her on the bed and pull the covers over her. She is sleepy and can barely keep her eyes open.

"What time is it?" 

"Quarter to 1" I inform.

"Enough for you to take a nap." She scoots over and pats the bed on the empty side. Not thinking twice, I lay next to her, staring at the ceiling. 

"What ya thinking?" 

"Nothing..." I trail off and turn to look at her, but she gives me a pointed look. "Why is it always us that have to go through a test. I mean, first you had to leave, and now this." Her eyes stare into mine with an unknown expression. 

"5 years ago... I met this guy. He was super fucking hot, had blue piercing eyes and jet black hair." She smirks. 

A smile creeps onto my face as I realize she's talking about me. "Back then, I was going through some family drama. When I told him what was wrong, he told me something. 'This life has a tendency to take unexpected twist and turns. These turns might break you, you might even fall apart. But at the end of it all, you have to pull your shit together and get up, to kick its ass.' 

I repeat these words every morning that I wake up. They give me strength, to prepare myself for the crap that life has to throw at me. Sometimes its unbearable, but these words remind me of him, and that, he'd if I give up. Same goes for you. No matter what comes our way. I'd be mad if you gave up. If you gave up on us." She smiles sleepily at me. 

"I'd rather die than to give up on you, princess." Planting a soft kiss on her forehead, I stare back at her with proud eyes. She did change, but for the better.

"Come here." She opens her arm. I gladly let her wrap them around me while I snuggle into her neck. Her hand lazily stroke my hair and a while later, her breathing gets even. Breathing in her scent, I sigh in content and surrender myself to sleep.

A comfortable and peaceful sleep.

*****

I know everything looks great but its not the end yet. 

I have decided to add some bonus chapters at the end, coz I still have plenty ideas about Ace and Hazel, but the don't directly fit into the story. Vote and comment to show some love. 

Enjoy listening to Charlie. XD