Chapter 27: Lied

❣ Hazel's P.O.V ❣

You lied to him

No, I just kept a part of the truth from him. 

Dude, that's the same thing.

No its not.

Yeah, you're right. Its even worse.

"AAAGGGhhhhhh....." I groan at my own thoughts.

"What is it?" He asks with a chuckle.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about something."

"Well, stop thinking and watch. Its interesting." He nods towards the T.V screen.

"You know guys there are like 50 rooms in this house. Take whichever you want, but just let us watch the movie." Zach says, and I throw a cushion at him. To which he just rolls his eyes.

What are we even watching. Apparently all of us were too tiered from last night to do anything today. So we called it off and agreed to watch a couple of movies until sundown. And FYI, that 'we' does not include me. 

Why?

Cause I'm busy thinking about last night. Ace told me that he loves me but he doesn't even remembers it. Me on the other hand, is just contemplating telling him.

Yes, I wanna keep it that way. Its not like I don't love him. I do, more than anything in the world. I didn't even realize when it happened until I had confessed it. Which he doesn't remember. 

Now the thing is, I don't want him hanging over me, when I am leaving in about two months. Its not fair for him. Though the thought hurts, but I don't want him sitting around like fools and not enjoy his life just because he thinks he is falling for me. 

'You can't make that choice for him.'  My subconscious to which I've been talking a lot lately, adds. 

I know, but I can make that choice for me. I love him so much. I want him to be happy. Even if I'm not around to see that. Even if I'm not the who makes him happy. 

I look at him while he is busy smiling at whatever the fuck is going on in that movie. 

I wanna tell him. Trust me. I wanna scream it at the top of my lungs and tell him that I love him. But, I'll have to hold my horses. For his sake. For my sake.

Plus I have to tell him that I'm leaving early. 

After knowing about his past I just can't give him false hope of staying by his side forever. I can't make promises that I know I'll have to break. 

"You know staring is rude." I snap out of my daze.

"Not if I'm staring at something that belongs to me." I just can't keep my mouth shut. I mean, I spent the whole day talking myself out of this, and now when I open it, things like this come out. 

Stupid mouth.

"Okay losers, listen up. You got an hour to get ready and meet me at the dock. We got a yacht party." Zach hollers and we all disperse to our rooms. Except for Ace, he follows me.

"You okay buttercup?" He asks once we reach my room.

"Yeah... why do you ask?" I plop on the bed, while he sits at the foot.

"You were so quite all day. And you were not really watching the movie as well, just lost in your own world." He looks at me with concern filled eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about some work stuff." I lie again. God I just hate lying to him.

He looks at me suspiciously, clearly not satisfied with my answer, but let it go anyway. "Then, you should not think about that. We're here to enjoy, not worry." He lays down next to me, peaking my lips.