Chapter 45: You're A Mess

Hazel's P.O.V

I buried all my wants, needs, like and dislikes in a grave. I'll take them back when I get there...

*Flashback*

It rings a couple of times before he pics up. 

"Hello? Ace..." 

"What the fuck is your problem Hazel... He doesn't wanna talk to you. Don't you understand that?" The bitch her self answers.

"Kate... I'm not in a mood to bicker with you right now. Please put Ace on the phone I really need to talk to him." I plead.

"Who is it Kate." I hear him slur in the background. Even drunk... his voice makes a smile spread on my face. 

"Is he drunk?" I ask even though I know the answer. 

"Yes of course he is. We just came back from a party and you are spoiling our night." 

"Who is it?" This time I hear him a bit closer. She giggles at something and then sighs into the phone. 

"It's Hazel."  I don't know if its the alcohol or god's grace that she told the truth. I wanna talk to him so bad. But what he says next makes me wanna laugh and cry at the same time.

"Hazel who?" He breaths. 

"Yeah... I think you heard that... so how about you call... never" With that she hangs up on me. 

I just sit there staring at the wall in front of me for god knows how long. I was  really a fool, wasn't I. 

~~~~~

*End of flashback*

That day I cried for hours. I let myself cry for so long that now I have no tears left now. More like I just refuse to cry at all. That day I buried the old Hazel with my mom. 

I refused to let anyone in. I isolated myself. Not that it wasn't productive. I planned it all in that time. I planned how to take Richard down. That was also the day, Richard Mikaelson's downfall began. I promised my mom that I'll ruin him. That I'll avenge her. And that's exactly what I did. I burned the bastard to the ground. I destroyed the business he was so proud of. 

It wasn't just me. Haze helped me too. He stood by me through everything. He helped me and supported my every decision. 

That was the price I paid for building this business. The Roselyn group of industries. I named it after my mom. I miss her. I wanted to see that proud satisfied smile of hers the day we inaugurated this business. I wanted her to be my side.

"You busy..." Cara asks from the door, snapping out of my daze.

"No... what is it?" 

"The contract file for the Robinson deal is ready, but Mr. O'Conner is not here today. Do you want me send it through someone, or should I wait." 

"He didn't come today?" 

"Nope" 

"What about the meeting?" Ace never does that. He is punctual of his work. Is he okay? 

"His assistant called to cancel it." She informs.

"Did she say why?" 

"No. And I guess she was at a party when she called." I nod.

"Leave it on my desk. I'll drop it by his place on my way home." She nods and leaves the file on my desk. 

After an hour or so I decide to call it a day. Picking up the file, I head towards my car. 

His Mustang is in the parking lot, that means he is still at home. Then why didn't he come.

Maybe he is too frustrated about the argument and no longer wants to work with you.

No comments there.

As I reach the pent house... all the lights are turned off and the curtains are drawn.

"Ace... You home?" I call. 

No reply.

"I just came by to drop this contract." I say. But only silence follows.

"Okay... I'm leaving. If only you are here to listen and not partying with that bitch." I mumble the last part to myself. 

Maybe I should check upstairs. I mean if he is not even there then he won't even mind either, right?

Yeah I should probably check.

I take the stairs and enter the first room. Its dark in there but I can see some stuff lying here and there. What catches my eyes, is the purse. That's Kate's. 

Ace never likes his room messy. Trust me, the guys OCD. Then why is this room the complete opposite.

Closing the door, I head for the second one. 

"I thought you left." His voice startles me, making me jump.

"Holy shit Ace." I hold my hand above my chest, trying to calm me heart rate down. He coughs a couple of times and then looks back at me from the bed. He's lying there, wrapped up in his sheets. 

"You're a mess." I comment.

"Thanks; it totally flattered me." He tries to laugh but ends up coughing. 

"L.A rain finally got to you huh?" I tease and walk up to him.

"I guess so." He smiles weakly and I touch his forehead to check his temperature.

"You're burning,  Ace." Worry gets the best of me.

"That's new... I mean I've been called hot but yeah I can work with that." He smirks.

"Shut up. We need to get your temperature down. Where do you keep you first aid kit." I ask while taking off my blazer.

"First drawer in the front." He points to his Closet and I follow his lead.

"103." I look at the machine in my hand in utter shock. "You are going into that bath tub right now." I order. 

"No not the bath tub. Water is the last thing my body needs right now." He whines like a child.

"Yes.. its exactly what your body needs." I remove the covers from top of him but he curls up into a ball. "c'mon Ace... we need to get that temperature in check." I try to lift his arm But he pushes me away. Oh god, he can literally be a pain in the ass sometimes. 

After 30 minutes of suffering, I get him to the bath tub. 

"This is fucking cold." He shouts as his legs go into the water.

"Its not. Its the fever." I push him down and he cries out loud.

"I hate you." he glares at me.

"Yeah... I've known that for quite some time now."

"Hey... I was just kidding." He holds my hand. 

"Yeah... I know." I remove my hand from under his. 

"Can we please talk like two civilized people." He says.

"We can talk later. For now you focus on getting better." I change the topic. He is not convinced... but lets it slide. "Had anything for lunch?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Can't believe she left you here to go to a party." I say angrily.

"How did you know that Kate is at a party. Are you stalking her?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"What? No. She called at the office to inform that you're calling off today's meeting. Cara said she heard party music in the back ground." 

"Oh.. makes sense." He shrugs.

"You enjoy your bath... I'll go fix you some soup."

*****

This chapter was getting long. So its continued in the next one. Its kind of its next part. The flashback is a continuation from the 40th chapter: A lie too.

Changed the Cover and the title Btw. Did you guys like it?