Chapter 55: Munchkins

*Flashback*

*2 years ago*

"Hazel... there's someone here to meet you. Actually both of you" My assistant Cara, says through the door. Haze and I look at each other in confusion, coz we haven't had a visitor in forever. Yeah, I let my assistant call me by my name coz she is like the same age as me. 

"Ask them to wait in the conference room please." I smile and she leaves after nodding at me. A while later we both head there, discussing about the new Client, Clark.

He is a potential investor and an old friend of our dear old dad. He wants us to meet him and-

My line of thoughts is cut off by our favorite woman, standing there.

"Mom?" We both say in unison and run into her arms. "What are you doing here?" 

"You really thought I'd miss my favorite kids' birthdays." She laughs, holding us both in her arms.

Words can't describe how much I've missed her. We've only been in touch with her through text and calls. And now that she's here in person, I just can't believe it. 

"I missed you." Haze whispers, voicing both our thoughts.

"I missed you too munchkins." She pulls back and looks at us. "Anyways.." She wipes the tear that managed to slip through her eye. "What are you guys doing today?" 

"Nothing much... We already have a lot on our plates." I sigh.

"Oh C'mon... Its not everyday my kids turn 21. Also, guess whose here with me?" She wiggles her eyebrows at us.

"Aiden? But you said he's Boston." 

"Oh wish it was him. Okay guess again" We give her blanks looks not really knowing the answer.

"Your father." She chimes and we just nod. "What? you guys not excited? I managed to finally bring him to your birthday." she questions, noticing our lack of enthusiasm.

"He's been travelling here a lot lately. We met him last weekend." Haze huffs.

"Oh okay... At least I'm here. C'mon... Lets go home. I'll whip you both the best vanilla cake." This is the best birthday I've ever had. After asking Cara to clear off our schedule for the day, the three of us head home. 

The moment I open the door to our house, my 3 months old, golden retriever puppy, jumps into my arms. "Hey... Riley.... Look whose here to meet you?" I scratch the back of her ear as she licks my face. She then jumps off me and greets Haze with the same energy but gets a bit scared on seeing mom. 

"And who is the beautiful girl here." She takes her in her hands, petting softly. 

A couple hours later, she as familiar as us with mom. 

"Okay... Lets blow the candles." I chime, excitedly. 

"Make a wish sissy." Haze pipes in. Closing my eyes, I make my wish and we both blow the candles together. 

"Happy Birthday... yayy..." Mom claps her hands and clicks a couple of thousand photos. The entire night is spent catching up and chatting with our mom.

*2 weeks later*

"Hazel... Haze... I need to talk to you about something." Mom takes a seat at the island. Worry and uncertainty written all over face. Its like she is weighing her own thoughts. Fighting a mental battle with herself.