Chapter 39: Type Of Coffee

❣ Hazel's P.O.V ❣

Who does that bitch think she is? 

'Oh, I'm his bestfriend, Kate'. My ass bestfriend. Does she even know what type of coffee he likes. What was she doing with him in the first place. Who the fuck invited her?

I slam the door shut to my house, throw my heels away and stomp into the living room. Grabbing my dinner, I plop on the couch and turn on the T.V. I understand that he is going through a lot, I'm too. 

But that doesn't mean he'll go running to that bitch for help. If he wanted to talk he could have called me or Haze. Crystal is there, and so are Zach and Dan. Why that stuck up, arrogant, red lipped Satan's bell girl. 

After watching a couple of episodes of Grey's Anatomy, I switch my phone back on, only to see 5 texts from Mom, A missed call from Crystal, a missed video call from Haze and a voice message from Ace.

So he did call me back. 

I'm still mad, so I'm ignoring it for now. I quickly text back Mom and Crystal and then call back Haze.

"Hey Hazie, how are you?" He asks. He is still in his office. I can see blazer on the back of his chair and the shelves stacked with some files.

"Tiered." I huff.

"Yeah, so do you look." He chuckles. "But, there's something else. Tell me." Why is he my twin. Rolling my eyes, I sigh in defeat and tell him about my conversation with Kate. "That bitch really said that?" He laughs.

"Yeah... and out of all people he chose her to talk to." I pout. 

"What did he say." He asks referring to the voice mail.

"I don't know, I didn't hear it. I just called you instead."

"Well, that was a smart move." He laughs and I join him. "Okay... Now I've got some news for you." He smiles goofily. 

"What?" I sit up excitedly earning a series of chuckles from him.

"The shifting process won't take as much time as I expected. I just have to interview some employees for transfer and then I'll be there with you in L.A by mid of march." He informs and a huge smile marries my lips. 

"Really? That's great. I can't wait for you to come. It gets so lonely in the house at times that I thinking of getting a dog." I smile. 

"Yeah you should. We were 4 when we had Coco." He smiles faintly. "Okay kiddo, I gotta go. See you later. Love you."

"Yeah love you too brother." I wave at him, before hanging up. 

Coco was our first dog. My aunt gifted him to us on our 4th birthday. We both got so attached to him. Especially Haze. But one day, coco got into dad's study somehow and wrecked it all. He was so furious that he yelled at us and then gave coco away. 

We cried for a week straight, but that stone hearted man never gave a shit about us. 

Shaking my head at the memory I walk to my room to take a nice warm bath. This house is huge. Larger than the one we lived in back in San Francisco. Nonetheless, its just a building made of brick, marbles and expensive things. Its just a house. The people that could have made it a home, are back there in SF and NYC. I miss them. All of them. 

I connect my phone to the music system and play my favorite playlist on shuffle. The very first song that starts playing is Dancing with your Ghost. I sing along the song as I get into the bath. Closing my eyes I lightly hum the melody. 

Ace never liked me singing this song. "It feels like you are singing at my funeral." He use to say and then put on one of his favorites. "That's more like it."  A smile creeps onto my lips as I replay his words in my head and imagine the proud grin that'd take over his lips. 

I grab my phone from the side stand and hit the play button on the side of the voice mail. 

"Hey buttercup, Its me. Umm, just wanted to check upon you. How's everything there. Hope you're not too busy. Umm, yeah, just call me when you get this. I miss you and I love you princess." 

Why the fuck are you crying silly girl.

I don't know. I-I just miss him. I miss him so much. I miss those silly nicknames. I miss his voice, his touch. 

After drowning myself in tears and soap bubble for like an hour I step out of the bath and get dressed for bed. 

No matter how desperate I am to hear his voice. The truth is, I won't be able to hear his voice crack. Nor would I be able to hear him call me buttercup. I sure as hell, I would book the next flight to San Francisco and run into his arms. Before kissing him senselessly.

As I pull his hoodie over my head and walk out dancing lazily of my closet, my phone goes off. Even though I know its probably dad, I dash towards it, in hopes of seeing his name on the screen. But, my happiness doesn't last for long. Its indeed my father. He calls both Haze and I every third day to get a report. 

I tell him the summery of my past days and accounts and other contracts and meetings with the investors. About 30 minutes later, after he is satisfied with all the answers he hangs up, saying, "Keep all the employees in check. Don't get too friendly with them." 

"Yeah, goodnight to you too dad." I mumble to myself after he hangs up. Laying under my covers I stare at the picture of Ace and I. 

I should probably call him.

What if that bell girl is still there. And she picks up again.

I'd smack her face through the phone.

Okay, do that later, for now go to sleep buttercup.

Before I know, my heavy eyelids fall and I drift off to an uncomfortable slumber, like usual.

*~*~*~*

I just saw this post on my Pinterest. There were these pictures of the boys from my favorite bands (1D, Why Don't we, The Vamps, 5SOS) and there was this quote on the top, saying, 'Why is it always "stop talking about them".  And not "I'm glad they make you happy." '

Dude, that hit me so hard. Coz that is so true. What do you guys think?

I'll definitely post it if I find it again. Until then, Enjoy reading. :)