Epilogue

Ace's P.O.V

4 years later

"Uncle Ace..." My 3 year old niece and nephew, shout, running towards me. 

"Hey pumpkins." I smile and lift them up in my arms. They both kiss my cheeks and I return the gesture. "How was Disney land?"

"Awesome." They both chime at the same time. "We even met Mickey and Goofy." Ryan grins

"And Cindaella." Rose continues.

Yup, Crystal and Haze named her after his mom. "Seems like someone found their favorite uncle." Haze sounds from the front door.

"Daddy..." They both jump off my arms and run to him. "They sure did." Crystal's voice follows.

I greet him and pull my sister in a hug. "How are you?" I ask.

"Never better." She smiles. A full grin to be exact. I never thought I'd be saying this, but, she has grown into an amazing woman and a perfect mom. She cares for her family like no other and especially the mini Haze and Crystal. To be honest, Haze is not far behind either. He's learned to manage everything so well. 

He spends time with his family, takes them out on vacations and handles work so perfectly at the same time. I'm so proud of my man.

Suddenly, I feel a tug on my shirt and I look down to see Rose looking at me. "What is it Pumpkin?" I pick her up. She looks at me and then her brother. 

"Where's aunt grumpy?" I laugh at the name they have give to my wife.

"She's up stairs, I'll get her." With that, I walk up to our room and see her sitting on the bed.

"Hey..." I smile "You okay...?" 

"I don't know Ace... Do I like I'm okay.." She snaps. Guess the name suits her. Doctor said the mood swings are gonna be real bad at this time. 

Chuckling I sit behind her, snaking my arms around her round belly. She looks so cute. She leans into my chest, but the frown still troubles her face. 

"You know princess, I love you more than anything else, but its not fair of you to keep mommy all to yourself." I pout at her tummy, while drawing comforting circles with my hand. She likes it when I do that.

"What if its a prince?" She sighs, snuggling into my chest. 

"Nah, I know its my princess. We talk at night when you are asleep." 

"Yeah? What does he say?" She chuckles.

"She tells me that, she loves her daddy and that her mommy is the most beautiful lady in the world." I kiss her head and she closes her eyes. "Go to sleep, buttercup." I whisper.

"No I wanna meet Ryan and Rose." 

"I'll bring them up here. If that's okay." 

"Yeah..." I start to leave but she holds my hand. 

"A bit later please. I like that." I laugh and sit back in my seat. Breathing in her scent. I can't believe I almost lost my Hazel. My buttercup.

4 years ago, the day I came back to my senses, she fainted on the floor, and was out for almost a day. Her injuries were worse than expected. She had some internal blood clots that were restricting the blood, and were to removed ASAP. They took her for surgery, but the last one was a close call. It almost reached her brain.

To say I was scared to death, would be the understatement of the millennium. But my  girl is a fighter. She came back, to me. 

Shivers run down my spine as I remember those days and my arms involuntarily tighten around her. "I love you, I love you so much." I whisper. 

"I love you too, baby." She smiles, looking at me. She must have seen the worry in my eyes, because, she places her hand at the back of my neck and pulls my lips into a kiss. 

"I'm right here with you." She replies after pulling back. 

"How's my favorite sister-in-law?" Crys comes in with the kids and Haze follows behind with some snacks. 

"Oh my god, did you two grow taller?" Hazel laughs pulling Ryan and Rose in a hug. 

"How's the baby?" they ask. 

"She says she missed you." They both start giggling while caressing her belly. Haze and Crys greet her and then we all fall into a conversation, while the kids play with their toys.

"Ouch." Hazel squeaks.

"What is it?" I turn to her worriedly.

"I think your girl...- owww" She shouts holding her back. "I think its time." She breaths.

"What? Like now?" I start freaking out. Nobody said its gonna be this sudden. 

"Oh my god... where's your baby bag?" Crys asks and all of start running around the house collecting things. 

"I'll take the kids to the babysitter and meet you guys at the hospital." Haze informs as Crys gets in the back seat with Hazel. Nodding I bring the engine to life and take off for the hospital. Zooming past the cars I manage to get there in time. 

~~~~

"She's got your eyes" My mom smiles as I hold my princess in my arms. She is beautiful and perfect. Just like her mommy. 

"Hey baby." I smile with tears running down my face. I bring my finger close to her hand and she instantly wraps her tinny fingers around my huge one. 

Hazel is still sleeping, and we all are sitting, looking at my little angel. I still can't believe I'm a dad now. I'm a dad.

 Oh god. 

"Ace..." She whispers, waking up. 

"I'm right here baby." Mom take her from my hands and I walk up to my girl. "Hey babe." I whisper. 

"Why are you crying." She asks in an alarming voice. 

"She's so beautiful." I sob as I pull her into a hug and sob into her neck. She lets out a sigh of relief and wraps her arms around me, stroking my head. 

"I can't believe I'm a dad now." I whisper to her hair earning a chuckle from her. "Thank you so much. This is the best gift I can ever ask for. I love you" 

"Oh Ace. I Love you too. Now, where's our daughter." 

"Right here." Mom says, walking up to us. She takes her in her arms and tears automatically start flowing from her eyes. The little creature looks at her with her big blue eyes.

"Hey baby..." Hazel whispers, holing her hand and then kissing it lightly. "She's got your eyes." She looks at me and I nod. 

"Did you decide a name for her?" Haze asks.

"Yes.." She looks at her brother. "Anna" My eyes snap at my wife. Tears instantly pool my eyes as I stare at her in disbelief. 

"We'll name her after Ace's mom." She smiles at and I instantly capture her lips with mine. 

"Where's my grand daughter?" Dad comes barging into the room, panting as if he just ran a marathon. 

"Charles... she's right here." Mom chuckles, motioning to us.

"Oh my angels." He kisses Hazel's head and takes Anna into her arms, smiling from ear to ear. 

This right here, is my happily ever after. I couldn't ask god for more. Seeing my family happy and healthy, is my paradise. I get to grow old with woman I love, I get to see my daughter grow into a beautiful women like her mom, aunt and grandma. Nothing can be more blissful than this.

I do regret all the wrong turns I took in my past, but if they brought me to this, then I'm not mad at all. 

*****

This is finally over. 😭😭😭 This epilogue is so perfect and moving. I always dream of a life like that. Maybe I can have it. And I wish ya'll find your happily ever after too. 

I love you guys so much. Thanks for sticking with me through this entire journey. Its been a pleasure sharing this story with you guys.