Chapter 42: Fiancé

Hazel's P.O.V

He is back... Why is he back. Does he suddenly remembers about me? Or is this one of his twisted games.

Probably a twisted game. Why do you think he's here for you? And don't tell me you still think he still loves you.

Well... Maybe...

I sit in my office with my legs propped up on the coffee table and my laptop beside them. Its hard to concentrate on work when people pull shit like this.

Suddenly I hear a knock on the door and Haze walks in. "What are you thinking about sisi?" He asks while handing me my coffee.

"Nothing" I lie. But he frowns at me... not buying it at all. Sighing in defeat I say," Ace was coming to LA and Crystal didn't tell you once?" I say and the moment the words are out, his posture changes. He looks down at his mug fiddling with it. And then it hits me.

"Holy shit Haze... When was the last time you talked to her?" I question.

"6 months ago" He replies still avoiding my eyes.

"You haven't talked to her after you fight." I say in disbelieve.

"It wasn't my fault okay... She is over reacting."

Well to fill you guys in... Crystal and Haze got into this huge fight 6 months ago. It was pretty bad and seemed like they ended it there. But its Crystal and Haze dude... they always find their way back to each other. "Just talk to her. Its okay if it wasn't your fault. She always tried to make up even if it was. There is no harm in making the first move this time." I explain and he nods.

"Anyways... what about Clark? Is he still coming for the official meeting?" I ask

"Yeah... He said he'll be here by 10."

"Hmmm. Its almost 10." I hum. Suddenly a knock on the door sounds again.

"Come in." Cara, my assistant's head pops in.

"Robinson's are here." She informs to which I nod.

"Lets get this over with." I say to Haze and we leave for the conference room.

"Okay Clark... lets sign the papers and get this over with." I say.

"We'll hello to you too Ms. Mikaelson." I freeze at the voice. Because I know who that voice belongs to. He turns in his chair and smirks at us with a bruised cheek. It pains me to see that, but he deserved it.

"What are you doing here?" Haze asks.

"Well, before Clark had a chance to brief us about each other, I was punched. As you can see it for yourself. So, I'm here to complete the task. I am Ace O'Conner, new business partner of The Robinson Chain. And from now on... I'll be handling the deals with you and your company." He smiles.

No way. I know he is doing this on purpose. But why? Why is he trying to get on my nerves.

"So... shall we?" He motions and we begin the meeting. We keep it entirely professional, but I can't help, steal a couple glances at him.

Honestly, the moment my eyes met those serene oceanic orbs, all I wanted to do was hug him. I wanted to cry in his arms and ruin his three piece Armani suite. I've missed him. And It would be lie if I said that I am not happy with him being here. Even if its to annoy the living shit out of me.

"Hazel?" Haze's voice snaps me out of my daze.

"Hmm... What?"

"I said are you okay with tomorrows meeting." He asks again

"What time?"

"That's what we are asking?" I look over to Ace an see him smiling at me. Not in a taunting virtuous way, but the way he use to smile when he caught me staring at him. Mentally shaking my head I avert my gaze. Heat creeping up my face at the same time.

"Umm... same time tomorrow." I finalize putting on my business woman voice.

"Okay.." They both nod.

"Sorry guys. I'm late." The door flies open and the last person I want see walks through the door. Satan's bell girl. None other than Kate Whatever is her middle name and whatever the fuck is her last name.

"We were just wrapping up." Ace grins at her as she bends down and kisses his cheek. Can I just take moment to barf. Dude... who wears the shortest skirt ever made to work. Why is she here in the first place?

"What is she doing here." I say, no longer trying to put on a serious voice.

"Oh... did I forget to mention... Kate is my assistant and my fiancé." He smirks at me. But I catch the hint of guilt that crosses his eyes.

Still thinks he loves you?

Yeah okay... the joke is on me... again.

"Your Fiancé... Of course" I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"Is there a problem Ms. Mikaelson." She asks in her annoyingly high pitched voice.

Yes... you are my problem. Bitch... you are probably going to marry the love of my life and you are asking if I have a problem. 

As I'm about to say something Haze holds my hand, giving me a stern look.

"Didn't think so." She smirks.

"What about you Hazel? When do I get to meet you boyfriend/ Fiancé. " He smirks.

"You see Ace... we had a business to build. Everything was not handed to us on a silver platter." I glare at him. His face drops as my words sink in deeper.

"So... yo- you don't have a boyfriend." He stutters.

"No I don't... is that a problem?"

"No... None."

"Didn't think so. Now... I've got some important work to do. Also.. if you wanna work with me learn to value time. Meeting starts at 10 sharp. With or without the assistants." With that I storm out of the room.

And no. I'm not crying. I don't cry anymore. Not over a stupid ex at least. I've had bigger things to deal with. I've cried a lot in the past. So I refuse to cry now. Right now... All I feel is anger. Sheer anger.

~~~~~~

Ace's P.O.V

"Hey Haze..." I call out as he is about to walk out.

"What?"

"Babe... will you give us minute." I say to Kate. She nods and walks outside after pecking my lips. From the corner of my eyes, I catch Haze rolling his eyes. He is angry. But why? What did I do to him?

"Hey man.." I greet. "How have you been?"

"How have I been? Seriously Ace. I am surprised that you have the audacity to stand in front of me right now." He sneers.

"Okay.. I understand the whole ex thing with Hazel... But why are you mad at me."

"Wow. She is my sister Ace. I saw her suffer everyday in the past 6 years. I saw her cry herself to sleep every night. And the one time she needed you... you abandon her. The one person who could have understood her grief, her pain... was not there for her. And let me tell you... It broke her. It changed her. She is no longer the girl you and I use to know. That girl.. is long gone." He starts to walk away but stopped.

"You ask me why I am mad. Because I needed my bestfriend. I wanted my man to be by my side when I needed him. But you know where he was....? Probably proposing that walking talking Barbie doll." He grits and storms out.

What is he talking about? What time? When was I not there for them?

*****

Can we just take a moment and talk about how the song perfectly fits with this chapter Or at least with Hazel's feelings.

It was nice taking a break. I really have so many more ideas now. I love it.