Chapter 15: Tell Me the Right Way

Tonight, my brain has made its life mission to embarrass me in various ways possible. I mean, my mouth just keeps on blurting things out before I can even process them. And Its like, even god doesn't want this night to end well, coz I hear the clouds in sky rumble.

"What's up with you weirdo? You are acting weirder than ever." He says laughing. See I told you.

"I don't know.. I 'm just so nervous, I guess." I mutter under my breath, but loud enough for him to hear.

"Well, I should be the one getting nervous, considering how gorgeous you look today." And the compliment itself is enough to set butterflies free in my stomach. "Okay, lets just forget that we are on a date, think of it as a normal evening, where you and I just hangout, but in a bit of a formal way."

"Gee thanks Ace, that really helped." Sarcasm laces my every word, making him laugh. How can he find this funny. 

Just as I am about to say something, he takes a left turn and enters into a mansion through huge iron gates. 

The house stands tall in the middle of the area, surrounded by greenery. The trees in the front lawn are decorated with golden lights, and the beds of flowers, run along the boundaries.

"Whose place is this." I ask as we walk to the front porch.

"Its actually mine." He scratches the back of his neck shyly.

The exterior of the mansion is nothing compared to the interior. The main door opens to the living room, where a plush couch sits, facing the glass doors that open to the backyard. Towards the right is the kitchen, beside which there are a couple of rooms. On the left are rounding staircase, and more rooms. 

"You bought this place?" I ask looking around.

"Kind of yes. A friend of my father's owns a publishing house, where I was an intern for a couple of summers. He paid me well, and rest of the amount was given by my dad. But the deed is still in his name. Its officially mine after I turn 21." I hum in response. 

I like the place, Its quite, away from the city noise. Its actually smaller as compared to our houses but I think its kinda perfect for a small family.

"Its beautiful Ace, I love it." I turn smiling to see he's already looking at me. 

"C'mon now, I didn't bring you here to admire these empty walls." He chuckles.

He holds my hand and drags though the glass doors and into the backyard. There is a pool and a hot tub in the left corner, but when I look at the right corner, I stop dead in my tracks. 

There is a table for two, laid under the net of beautiful white lights. The tree beside the table is also wrapped in the star like beads. To say the view was beautiful would be an understatement. Hand in hand, Ace and I walk towards the table. 

My smile is so big that my cheeks literally hurt. Suddenly the song Perfect by Ed Sheeran starts to play and I feel Ace's hands on my waist. I turn to face him with a bright smile. He sways both us from side to side as I my fingers travel to his hair.

'I found a girl, beautiful and sweet, I never knew you were the someone 

waiting for me... We were just kids when we fell in love 

not knowing what it was... I will not give you up this time...'

I giggle as he turns me around, singing the sweet melody, that seriously sounds like an angel's harp to me. I never knew he could sing so well. I did know about Crystal, but I never had a chance to hear him, until now.