Chapter 49: Crystal Jane O'Conner

(For the first part ^)

Hazel's P.O.V

"We should get going." I suggest, turning towards the mirror. After fixing my hair and lipstick, I grab the towel and turn to him. 

"You wouldn't wanna go to your Fiancé like that." I tease, stressing the word fiancé. Placing a hand on his cheek, I wipe of my lipstick from his lips. His hands instantly travel to my waist and stay there the whole time, while is eyes stay fixed on my face. They are a pool of emotions, but the one that I can pin point out of all; is love and admiration. 

"There, all done." With that I step out of his hands, instantly missing the touch. "There are extra shirts in the closet." He nods and I walk out of the room. 

I thought I locked all these feeling away.... guess I was wrong. My heart is still ponding against my chest, like its gonna hop out any second now. Taking a deep breath, I walk sown the stairs.

By now, all the guests have gathered in the ball room once again, and Haze is walking towards the stage. Crystal is standing in front, with a drink in her hand. I walk over to her.

"What's he doing?" I ask and she shrugs in response. What's on his mind? He indeed looks happy, but a bit nervous too. 

Ace walks down the stairs now wearing a clean shirt. His phone pressed against his ear. The moment Kate's eyes fall on him she hugs him and tries to kiss him but he pushes her away. Her expressions tell me, she is apologizing and spinning another web of lies. 

Nevertheless, Now I know he's gonna think at least thrice before believing her. His eyes look around and the moment they meet mine a serene smile graces his lips, while his features relax. Not wanting to listen to her bullshit anymore, he walks over to us and stands beside his sister. 

"Took you guys long enough to clean up." Crystal smirks teasingly. Heat rises in my cheeks and I hide my face in my brown locks. 

"Ladies and gentlemen... can I have your attention please." Haze's voice echoes through the hall. "Crystal.." He holds out his hand for her to join him. She smiles and walks over to him. He kisses her cheek and wraps a hand loosely around her waist. 

"As we all know, we are here to celebrate love today. A bound that conquers all. I use to think that all is non-sense, until I met this beautiful lady." He smiles at her and I know exactly what he's gonna do. 

"She changed me for the better. She stood by me at all times. Her arms held me when things were going south and her laughs and proud smiles were there when I had it all. We did have our fare share of disagreements and fights, but they only made me realize that she is the one for me." By now, Crystal's eyes are filled with tears and the spectators are looking at them with complete awe. 

Haze then drops down on one knee and pulls out a red velvet box from his pocket. She clasps her hands on her mouth, crying. "Crystal Jane O'Conner, I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. I want to spend my entire life with you. So... Will you marry me?" He asks and she nods her head frantically. 

He slide the ring on her finger and she kisses him. "I love you so much." She whispers and everybody cheers and claps for them. And I do the same. I look over to Ace and his eyes hold nothing but joy for her sister. 

To say I'm happy would be the understatement of the century. Words cannot define the joy and happiness I am experiencing right now. Seems like I have a wedding to plan now. 

~~~~~~

Ace's P.O.V

Last night was crazy. My sister got engaged, the girl I'm in love with knows I lied about my engagement and... well you know what else. 

Honestly, I felt alive again. Like after everything, I do have a chance of having what I had with her before. She still is my buttercup. I just need to make her realize that too. 

I was mad at her, but could never bring myself to stop loving her. The only reason I lied because I thought, she has a boyfriend.

You didn't think that... Kate made you believe that by saying it again and again. 

That's why I'm gonna do what I'm going to. Today I will clear everything. I know Kate can be reckless at times, but she is not a bad person. She would never do anything to hurt me or Hazel for that matter. 

"Babe... I want to you to meet my high school best friend, Ava." She barges in, with another girl.

"Ava, this Ace,  my boyfriend." She chimes and I shake hands with her friend. 

"Join us for lunch babe?" Kate asks.

"I would, but I got too much on my plate right now." I confess with an apologetic smile.

"Its okay... its not even lunch time right now. We are in the conference room if you need me." She informs and leaves. 

"Mr. O'Conner..." Jack, my real assistant, walks in. "This came for you in the mail today." He hands me the pen drive I asked for. Jack leaves after I thank him. I asked my old security guard to get me the CCTV footage of the day the funeral invitation must have arrived. 

Plugging the USB in my laptop I open the file. Its a good thing that it has audio too. 

For the first half of the video, there's nothing. Just me leaving for some work in the morning. See, the invitation never came. Though it breaks my heart. A part of me wanted Hazel to be right. 

But then, I see a man, wearing a cap walk to the front door. I zoom in on the cap. Its the local shipping company in L.A. But what are the odds, its the invitation.

Kate opens the door, and takes it from him. Switching to the front door camera, I zoom on to the card. It is the invitation. I can recognize Hazel's handwriting. But if Kate did receive it then why didn't she give it to me? 

And the question is answered in the very next moment. She tears it into pieces and dumps it in the bin. 

What the fuck? 

 Anger gets the best of me and the next thing I know I'm storming off to the conference room. Wait... why are all the blinds drawn?

I'm about to barge in when I hear Ava say something. 

"Oh my god, Kate... Isn't that Ace O'Conner, Son of the famous hotel owner Charles." 

"Yup..." She answers plopping the P.

"How did you even manage to get hold of that fish. I mean, I heard he already had a girlfriend." 

"Don't even ask. The pain I had to go through to kick that bitch out of his life. She is nothing compared to me. Ace and I look totally adorbs together." They both laugh.

"C'mon, tell me what did you do?"

"First, I ripped off her mother's funeral invitation before it got to him. What does she think Ace is?" She did not just say that. How dare she?

"And then the night of the funeral, I took him to a party and spiked his drink. The drug was so strong, that he even forgot who she was." What is she talking about. "He probably doesn't even remember about it now.

And can you believe, the bitch is so desperate  for his attention that she called him that very day. Pretending to be all sad and miserable. Thankfully I answered the phone. And when I told him who it was on the phone, he said, 'Hazel who.'" They both burst out laughing. My hands clench into tight fists as I hear there conversation. My blood is literally boiling inside. 

*****

FINALLY.... He knows. He knows it all. What will he do now? Do you think things will go back the way they were? Or will this complicate even more? Comment and let me know.