Chapter 2: Greek God

As I stepped out of the car all the others in the parking lot were looking towards the back of the area and were talking in whispers. I heard a girl passing by say to her friend, "who is he?" 

  I followed the gazes and saw a blond girl with shoulder length hair  walking towards the school door with a Greek god of a boy by her side.

Oh.

The boy's jet black hair fell on his forehead, his white t-shirt showing off his impeccable toned body. His face was so perfectly sculpted that even god would have been jealous of his own creation. 

God, is this guy real?

As they pass us, our eyes meet for a brief moment and I instantly felt like drowning in those baby blue eyes. No wonder all these girls were swooning.

As I was admiring the beauty of nature walking in front of me when I feel a nudge in my ribs. I don't pay attention and first but I feel it again. 

Did I ever tell you how much of a pain in the ass are my brothers. 

"Hazel... look..." he pokes me again. 

"What?" I ask irritably. 

"Looks like the cupid hit the bull's eye." he points towards Haze. 

Haze's eyes were fixed on the blond girl. He looked at her like a she was some beautiful ornament from mother's jewelry set. 

"Find her fascinating, huh, Hazie boy!" I chuckle teasingly.

 "What? NO... I was just....."  "Checking her out" Aiden cut him off.  

Aiden and I both burst out laughing. We continue teasing him until we settled in our home room. We were to get our schedules. Haze and Aiden went towards the back to sit with Dan and Zach. They both wave at me after giving a bro hug to Haze and Aiden.

I saw the boy from the parking lot sitting next to Haze. He was busy with his phone when Haze called out to him. They shook hands and started talking.

I found a seat somewhere in the middle. Maddison Lane was sitting to my right. 

"Hi Hazel!" she greeted cheerfully. She waves cheerfully.

"hey Maddy" I say not really, matching her excitement and energy.

"Not a Monday person I see." A sweet voice calls from my left. It was the  girl from the parking lot. 

"I don't think anyone can be a Monday person." I replied smiling sheepishly.

"True...." She nods in agreement. "I'm Crystal by the way." 

"I'm Hazel." 

"Nice to meet you Hazel." 

"First day at Willington High?" I ask

"yeah... my family and I moved in here a week ago from L.A."  she explains with a smile. 

The day isn't that bad after all.

Mr. Caleb Parish, the principle of the school came in after our brief introduction. He reiterated the school rules, the importance of discipline etc. etc. After that the teacher went around distributing the schedules. I went through mine and I had chemistry first.

"Do you need help finding your way to the classes today?" I turn to her. 

"That would be extremely helpful." 

Apparently we both have many subjects in common. Except for P.E. and History we have the entire day together. 

"Looks like we'll be together for the entire senior year." I chuckle, handing her schedule back.