Chapter 36: Your Hoodie

Hazel's P.O.V

Two songs for this chapter. :)

"Good bye Kate." I sing, as Ace pulls into her driveway. 

"I'll call you tomorrow?" She says to Ace, and he just nods. 

"It'll be good if you call him never." I laugh at my own statement, making Ace snort. See, I told you drunk Hazel is different. "Now, if you please." I turn to look at her from the front seat.

She mumbles something, but I choose to ignore it, coz I don't wanna ruin that pretty little face of hers. Yet. heheheh.

Moments later, Ace parks the car in his parking lot and I run inside, and to his room. 

Thankfully, his parents aren't home. He comes in holding my heels and his jacket in his hands. The wearing over that striped white shirt with rolled up sleeves makes him look so devilish. Oh, and did the temperature just rise in the room. 

"You okay?" He asks and sets my heels on the floor and his jacket on the chair of his table. 

"I'm fantastic, but why'd you care now." I snap.

"Hazel... I'm sorry baby." He takes a step closer. His voice laced with sorrow and pain.

"Sorry for what? For letting a girl walk away who isn't even in love with you." I shake my head, and instantly feel dizzy. I guess that was a bad idea. Thankfully, he catches me and sets me on the bed.

"You better go to sleep. You've had too much to drink." He kneels down in front of me pins a stray strand of my hair behind my ear. His fingers caress my cheek and I lean into his touch, closing my eyes.

Oh, how I've missed that. How I've missed him. His touch, his kisses, his hugs...

I take his huge hand into my small ones and kiss the back of it. "I miss you O'Conner." I whisper, looking at our hands, in my lap.

"I miss you too buttercup. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry that I let you walk away. Please come back to me." He crawls closer, our faces inches away and his hands circle my waist.

"The irony of it. You ask me to come back when you know I'm going away." I chuckle humorlessly. "And Its totally okay, sooner or later, you had to do that. At least it won't hurt too bad tomorrow." I smile faintly at me and He closes his eyes shut. 

Stop being a bitch to him.

I'm not, its just the alcohol kicking in. 

Oh just shut the fuck up, and kiss the poor boy, already.

"Hey... look at me." I cup his face in my hands. He opens is eyes and they are a pool of emotions, filled with the water of his tears. No, matter how hard he tried to hold them back, a lone tear manages to slip out. I wipe it with my thumb.

"Now that I'm here with you, I just wanna say thank you." He tries to cut me off but I pace my finger on his lips. "Let me say it."

"I wanna thank you for giving me so many memories. Memories that will always be with me. That will never fail to bring a smile on my face, when I'll think of them." Another tear rolls down his eye. "Because of you, I got to realize what's a father's love like. You've given me so much to hold onto Ace. So much to come back to. So yeah, Its really been one hell of a ride. Given a bumpy one, but one that has given me love." I manage to smile, while all I wanna do is cry my eyes out in his chest.

He keeps his head on my lap and lets his tears flow freely. I run my fingers though his hair, drawing circles with my other hand on his back. 

"Hey... can I tell you something?" I ask.