Chapter 47: Sneaky Little Brat

Hazel's P.O.V

What the hell was I thinking? Why did I even go to his house in the first place? God, I'm so dumb. 

Seriously. Everything was so awkward this morning. I couldn't even form proper sentences. Thank god he took the day off today. And that spoiled bitch, she came home at 5, drunk of course. 

You are his fiancé dude. Start acting like it. 

Suddenly my phone goes off and I see my twin's name flash on the screen. 

"Hey.." I greet in tiered tone.

"Someone's tiered." He chuckles.

"Yeah... just had a crazy couple of days." 

"Guess what.... I have a surprise for you." He chirps and a smile instantly marries my face. All tiredness washes away as soon as I hear those words.

"Please tell me that surprise is 5 feet 6 inches tall and her name starts with a C and ends with a l" I stand up from my seat, excitement coursing through my veins.

"You sneaky little brat. You knew she was in New York." He chuckles and I hear her laugh in the back ground. I can't define the satisfaction I am experiencing right now. I'm so happy they both are back together.

"Of course I did. Why else would I send you there." I smirk even though he can't see it. 

"I don't know whether to love you or hate you. But thanks Hazy," 

"Come back soon, I wanna meet my best friend." I say and hang up. 

~~~~~~

"I want everything to be perfect. The decors, the food the music and the drinks. Cara, get me the list of guests right now in my office." I order and go back to my work place.

Well, I was so excited by the news that I decided to throw a party. I mean if this is not a cause for celebration then what is? This might actually be the first party I'm not throwing for a business meet up or a deal. Though I'm inviting all my partners and investors. Nevertheless its gonna be a night for fun and not work. 

"Come in." I answer to the knock on the door. "Ah Cara... got the list.?" 

"Someone's in a good mood." She points out with a chuckle.

"Of course. Anyways... why don't I see you and other names on this list?" I inquire.

"We are invited?" She asks shocked.

"When are you not." 

"I mean I thought since its not a business party then you might not want us to come." She says embarrassed at her own words.

"You kidding me. All of you are the part of my family. I would always want you to be there." 

~~~~~

"OH MY GOD." I squeal as both of them walk through the door. I instantly run to my best friend and tackle her in a bear hug. 

"How are you?" I whisper.

"I'm fine... What about you busy girl." She chuckles.

"Not much... Just trying to put things in a better place between your brother and I." I sigh, but her expression instantly turns to a surprised/angry/worried one.

"Ace is here?" 

"Yeah... He's been here for quite some time now." I nod.

"That bitch too." She sneers and I nod. 

"Where is he?" 

"At home. I'll take you to him, I was heading out anyway." I smile.

She says tells Haze, who busy is busy on his phone and heads outside with me. Did I ever mention how cute they both together. I mean they are high school sweethearts, Prom king and queen. They literally make a perfect match and my niece and nephews will be so beautiful.

"You want me to come with you?" I ask as I pull into the parking lot of the penthouse.

"We are  not going there, he is coming to us. Also if I see that piece of crap, he calls fiancé, I'd literally rip her throat out with my canines." she rambles.

"Woah... chill out Kathrine Pierce. I'll call him." I step out of the car and diel his number.

"Wait... how do you have is number?" 

"We're working on a project together, so..." I chuckle nervously, scratching the back of my neck.

"Put it on the speaker." she orders and I do as I'm told.

"Hello?" 

"Aww... miss me already..." He says in a weak voice.

"Haha... I got you a surprise." I smirk.

"Oooo, I love surprises. Well what are waiting for? C'mon up." 

"Oh that's the problem. The surprise can't come with me."

"No worries buttercup. Be there in a minute." He chimes excitedly and we hear some rustling sound before he hangs up.

As promised, he comes down within a minute. 

"Where is m-" He cuts himself off when his eyes land on his sister. This is gonna be fun. "Crystal?" Shock and sadness flash in his eyes as he walks towards us. But the next move, wants be wanna laugh my fucking ass of. 

She slaps her. Yup, right across the face. he deserved it.

"Hello to you too sister." He smiles. 

"Don't you dare call me that. 6 months. 6 months you stay MIA on all of us with that bitch and then you magically show up in L.A. And may I add, without notifying any of us. Is this a joke to you Ace? Mom and dad were worried sick for you. And you were chilling your ass off with that bell girl." That's my girl. I mentally clap at her speech. But her eyes well up with tears as she looks into his eyes. 

"Do you have any idea how much you hurt all of us? How much you hurt me?" She shoves him in the chest. "ANSWER ME ACE." She shouts. "Do you have any idea what you put this girl through... I'm astonished know that she is still talking to you." By now her tears are an endless stream. 

Even his eyes start to get glossy. Okay.. why I am the only one who doesn't feel like crying right now.

Crystal starts to walk away, but he calls after her. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Crystal. I really am." He sighs. Crystal closes her eyes shut and lets the tears flow. I know Ace has done so many things wrong. He's made mistakes. But they are not big enough to break their bond. 

I keep my hand over her shoulder and she looks at me. I nod at her and she instantly runs to him, engulfing him in a hug. She cries her eyes out in her brothers arms. 

Okay eyes, this is your cue. A couple of tears would be nice. C'mon... C'mon... Its okay... 

And nothing. Nothing at all. The old me would have gone into full blown sobbing mode right now. I really don't know if that was good or this, emotionless, ruthless, heartless Hazel.

*~*~*~*

Another chapter is up for Want You Back people. And we hit 100 views. Thank you so much. I can't tell how much this means to me. I love you all.