Chapter 40: A Lie too.

.2 years later.

Void's P.O.V

"I'll be closer than you know." Were her last words. 

'But were they true'. Hazel thought, because, all she wants is to hear her mother's voice again. But the only thing she has, is a coffin, in which she lays. Lifeless as a fallen branch. People passed by, muttering all sorts of sympathetic words to her and her brothers, but she knows better to listen to them 

She knows they don't mean them. Couple of days and they will forget there ever existed any Rose Mikaelson. Today, the words of a fine man made all the sense in the world. 

'Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer, is not going to make up for the fact the only thing you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about use to be.'

These words played in her head like a broken record. Even then, all she did was smile sadly at the person accepted their sympathy. 

They lost their mother today. They lost the only person who ever cared enough to show them love and affection. Haze and Hazel, both were now broken beyond repair, but still had this burning rage of anger against their father. 

The father who never cared  for his own children. Who rooted off their entire life to make his business more profitable. The person who is now the murderer of their mother. Yes, you heard me right, but that's a story for another time.

Hazel looks over to her brothers. His older brother standing like a statue, looking at coffin as it descends down, close to the Earth.

'At least he has the girl he love by his side' She thinks. Yes Crystal's there. She came the moment she was informed that Rose is hospitalized. Ace? Ace never called back after that day. Never did he cared enough to text. Neither did he answer any of Hazel's calls or texts. No one knows why, and after a couple of months, Hazel gave up too. She stopped trying to reach him. 

Nonetheless, she did invite him to her mother's funeral, but he never showed up. The only person, who could have known her pain and sorrow, was nowhere to be seen. The only one familiar with the grief of losing a mother.

"I'll be there for you." He use to say. Guess that was a lie too. Like his love. 

❣ Hazel's P.O.V ❣

"Hazel, Lets go." Haze calls.

"You guys go ahead, I'll join you later." He nods and they all leave. I just stand next to my mom's grave, staring at her tomb stone. 

I can't believe she is gone. My mom's gone, and she's never coming back. Not even when I cry out loud and call her back. She is gone, gone far out of reach. 

In that moment it hits me. The grief, the pain and the sorrow, I've been hiding all along, hits like lightning. My knees feel week and I crumple to the ground. 

"I'll destroy every bit of him. I'll make him fall on his knees and beg for mercy. I promise mom." I whimper into my hands. 

That bastard took you away from me, mom. I'll take away everything he holds dear. I'll make his life a living hell and when he'll beg for death, I leave him to the misery called life.

After an hour or so I get up, pulling myself together and gathering all the courage to say goodbye for the last time. But no ounce of courage is enough for you say goodbye to your own mother.

"I love you mom." I say instead.

As I'm about to walkout, my eyes fall on a tomb stone, beside my mom's. 'Anna Adams Clark.' It read. 

'Ace Adams O'Conner. That's my full name. I took my mom's middle name after she died.'

"Nice to finally meet you Ms. Clark." I kneel down and place a flower on her grave. "I'm Hazel. Your son's... Well, even I don't know what I'm to him anymore." I whisper staring off into the air. "Anyways, that's my mom right next to you. She was a kind and gentle lady, but I guess this world was too cruel to her." I wipe a tear off my face.

"So, I hope wherever you guys are, you'll keep each other company. I already know, you both are gonna be the best of friends." I chuckle at my own words. With that I storm out of the cemetery, slide into my car and drive home. 

A lot have changed in past 2 years. I have changed and so has my life. Today, was one of the factor that contributes to the said changes. Yeah, I still live in L.A, and so does Haze. He winded up the work from New York and settled here. Now, we both run the Mikaelson Ltd. No scratch that, we use to run the Mikaelson Ltd. Because from today, starts the fall of this company. 

I pull into my driveway and drag myself inside. As soon as I enter the kitchen, my brothers and my best friend engulf me in a hug. I sigh, closing my eyes and return the gesture. "I'm fine guys." I mumble. They all pull away and we sit on the island stools. Crystal gives me my coffee and sits beside me, rubbing comforting circles on my back. 

"Where's Riley?" I ask Aiden.

"She's in the living room. She's so upset that she wouldn't even eat." He sighs.

"She really got attached to mom. I know it was only 2 weeks but she acted like she knew her for ages. She'd wag her tail excitedly and run like crazy every time mom called her name." I weekly smile at Crystal and she returns the gesture.

"I wanna go to bed." I say and leave all of them sitting there.

"Tell me if you need anything." Crys says. I just nod in response and head to my room. After changing into some comfy cloths I snuggle under the covers. 

~~~~

My finger hovers above the call button, but I just can't bring myself to hit it. 

Yes, I'm planning on calling Ace, coz I just wanna hear his voice. I just wanna hear him explain. All in all I just need him right now. I woke up to a drastic nightmare and since then I'm contemplating the thought of calling him. 

I'm mad at him, No doubt about that. But...

He didn't even care to drop a call, let alone coming to your mom's funeral. Do you still think he fucking loves.

He must have had his reasons. And yes, I still think he loves me.

Then my love, there's no bigger idiot than you in this world. 

Whatever... 

*~*~*~*

Well that was a shocker. Wasn't it? Yes, their mom is dead and Its not a dream. Now don't hate me for that. That's actually the first step for becoming a heartless bitch. 

Well, enjoy reading. ;)