Chapter 34: Hayley

❣ Hazel's P.O.V ❣

Warning: Its a long chapter.

"So tell me about this Kate girl." I ask Crystal while surfing through the shelves of the store. Its Saturday today, so Crystal and I decided do go dress shopping for prom. After finalizing the dress we got to the mall to just kill time before our girls night. 

"Oh trust me, She's a bitch." She shakes her head. 

"How so?" I furrow my eyebrows. 

"She puts on this I'm the perfect girl act to hide her bitch tendencies. Also, a fair warning, she's in love with Ace, since forever." 

"Yeah, I realized that. How's this one?" I hold out a cute dress to show her. 

"Its cute, go try it." I walk to the changing room while she waits outside.

"And I'm guessing he doesn't know?" I think aloud.

"Exactly. I told him, but he wouldn't believe me. He says she's just a good friend." I can feel the eye roll right now.

"So..." I step out.

"You look perfect. We're taking this." She squeals. We walk to the checkout point after I change back. 

~~~~

"That shit was crazy." Crystal huffs, as we finish watching Endless, while stuffing our faces with ice cream.

"I know right." I shake my head, still looking at the screen as the credits roll. "I wanna dance." I state and run to my music system and play the song Love Back and turn the volume to max.

'I still got your halo hanging on the corner of my bed 

but when I looked closer that shit was cracked.' 

I walk dancing towards her.

'You still got your fingerprints left all over my heart 

the same way you would leave your lipstick on my glass.' She continues.

We dance on a lot songs and then crash on the bed, tiered. "That was fun." She chuckles.

"Yeah." I smile at her. "What time is it?" 

"11:30." She says, glancing at her phone. "Wanna sleep?"

"Nah... not yet. Lets talk." I spring up and sit straight.

"Okay, so now that you and I are alone, can we talk about the fake act you've been putting on since we left Miami." She says.

"What act?" I play dumb, playing with the ends if long hair. 

"The I don't love your brother but still care enough to get jealous of an old friend act." She deadpans.

"Yeah an old friend who secretly loves him." I roll my eyes.

"See, there it is." She smiles proudly.

I sigh in defeat and explain everything to her. Crystal just listens to me silently and after what seems for ever, she says, "But you are hurting yourself by doing this."

"Oh trust me Crys, I'm use to this now." I Laugh humorlessly. 

"Come here." She hugs me tightly. 

"Its late now, we should get to sleep." Its almost 2 now. I didn't even realize I took so long. But it felt good to pour my heart out. 

~~~~~