Chapter 11: The Game

❣ Hazel's P.O.V ❣ 

Today, is the night of the game. Since its the first game of the season, its pretty much the only topic of every conversation at school. The entire school has been decorated with team banners, and the a huge team logo has been hung outside the school doors. 

All the team members are practicing harder and the cheer leaders are rehearsing their steps time and again. 

I'm currently in my economics class, trying to register the concept of Aggregate Demand. God, this is so pathetic. 

The boys and Crystal are out in the field while I'm staring at the boring face of our teacher. Luckily the bell rings shortly and I'm the first one to run out of the class. It was the last class for the day and fortunately I have no homework. So, I directly make my way towards the field where everyone else is.

As, I scan the field, my eyes go wide. I see a shirtless Ace running a lap through the ground.

Holy shit.

His skin shines as the sweat covering his toned body works as a reflecting surface. His wet black hair bounce every time his feet hits the ground. I'm afraid, my jaw might dislocate if I open it any further. 

He looks much more energetic than yesterday. A smile creeps onto my lips as the memories flood back in.

We both ended up waking up at midnight, feeling hungry. So I made pasta for both us, while, well he tried to help. We watched a movie and then around 3 in the morning, Ace left, because he had practice from 6.

A group of girls stand by the bleachers, gawking at my god like human. Well, I can't blame them, when I myself  can't take my eyes off him. 

Someone just stop this guy before he gets arrested for killing the entire population of this school. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by coach's whistle. Ace stops and jogs towards the others. 

I walk closer to the bleachers as the boys are dismissed by coach. Zach catches a site of me and come jogging with their arms wide open. 

"How 'bout a hug little Hazie.." He smiles goofily.

"Don't even think about it." I playfully glare at him and push him away. He gives me a baby sad face and ruffles my hair. Smacking his arm away, I straighten my hair as the others join us. To my dismay, Ace is now wearing a loose vest. But it still flaunts his perfectly toned arms, which is enough for me to swoon, internally.

Wait, why did I just think that? I don't swoon... Never... Like ever.

"Sup, little Hazie?" Dan throws an arm around my shoulder and looks down at me with a big smile.

"Eww, you guys stink... Go and take a shower first." I throw is arm away, making everyone else laugh. 

"You coming to the game?" Ace questions after everyone is off to the locker room.

"Ummmm, I don't know, I've got a lot business homework." I joke with a serious face. At first his expressions go blank, but when he notices the mischief dancing in my eyes, the sexy/ arrogant smirk returns.

"Careful there birdie, You never play with the player." He takes me into a head lock and starts dragging me towards the locker room.