Chapter 33: Holding Back

❣ Hazel's P.O.V ❣

2 weeks later

"What the hell is wrong with Mr. Diaz... He never gave us so much homework." Crystal whines as we make to our lockers. 

Its been two weeks since Ace's birthday, and we are back at school after our winter break. Thing between Ace and me are pretty normal. Like, when we are around everyone he is his usual sarcastic self, but when he's at home, alone with me, he turns into a perfect boyfriend material. Though, he says we are just friends. 

Me on the other hand is avoiding him for a couple of days now. Why? 'cause prom is close, and so is the time for me to leave. I've just pretended to be busy with my work and stuff and haven't talked to him properly since Wednesday. 

"What do you have after lunch." I ask.

"AP Bio. You?" Crystal replies.

"I have Economics with the boys." 

"Hi babe." Haze comes and hugs Crystal from behind. 

"Hi.." She chimes, giving him a kiss on the cheek. I smile at both of them and turn shove my stuff into my locker. I seriously need to clean it someday.

"I'm telling you, if that old crack head doesn't die soon, I'm gonna fucking murder him." Zach comes complaining like usual about Mr. Cullen. 

"What did he do now?" I ask shaking my head.

"The usual... Gave me detention." He rolls his eyes. 

"And what did you do." I chuckle.

"Well, I just pulled the chair back before he could sit. And I swear I did not do it on purpose. It was pure miscoordination. But that grumpy old man just wouldn't listen." He complains, and we all burst out laughing. 

"Lets go have lunch." Dan says and we start heading for the cafeteria. The halls are almost deserted, apart from us and a handful more. 

I grab my books for next period and start walking when someone bumps into me from behind, making all my stuff fall. 

"Asshole." I mumble, as the guy speeds past me. 

"You okay...?"Haze questions. 

"Yeah... I'm fine. You guys go ahead, I'm right behind you." 

"You sure." He asks.

"Yeah... Now go." I smile at him.

They all walkaway as I grab my stuff and start walking again. But this time, as I'm walking by the janitors closet, a hand grabs my arm and pulls me inside. 

Oh god, what is happening with me. They instantly put their hand on my mouth, stifling my scream. I can't see their face in the dark. What have I gotten into. As the person steps closer to me a very familiar scent fills my nostrils.

He's so fucking dead. I hit him hard on the chest.

"Ow.." he removes his hand from my mouth and holds his chest. 

"Asshole. You scared the shit out of me." I hit him again on the arm, trying to calm my heart rate down.

"You didn't give me a choice." He smirks down at me.

"Oh yeah? Choice for what." I glare at him.

"You're avoiding me." He steps closer and I take a step back. My back hits the wall, leaving no room for me to escape. 

"I'm not.." I avert my gave, but he grabs my chin and forces me to look into his eyes. 

"See, you are."