Chapter 53: Daughter

Hazel's P.O.V

*3 days later*

"I think that's it for today folks. I'll see you next time." I address my board of directors and they start filing out of the conference room. 

"Cara, get me the files please." I say and head towards my own office.

Its been three days since Ace left. We haven't been in contact, coz I don't know what to say. I do remember everything from that night. Everything I said, and did. Well, it was just the truth that came out. 

"Thanks" I thank my assistant as she keeps the files on my desk and hands me my coffee. "You can call it a day if you want, I'm working late today." I inform. With a sweet smile she thanks me and heads out. 

Sighing at the stack of folders, I pick the first one and start reading. I don't even realize when the clock strikes 11 pm, until I hear a knock on the door. 

"Come in." I huff and my favorite blue eyed human walks in with bunch of flowers in his hand. A huge smile decorates my lips at the sight of him. I hate to admit this, But I missed him so much.

"Look who finally decided to come back?" I tease making him chuckle. He's wearing his work cloths, looking sexy as ever.

"You busy? I can come in later if you want."

"Nah... I'm almost done... Take a seat." I gesture him to sit on the couch but instead he walks up to me and sits on the edge of my table, in that business man way. His right leg dangling in the air while the left one remains on the ground.

"Okay.." I try to hold back a smile, but fail miserable. I can feel his eyes on me the entire time I read and sign the files. 

"Where did you run off to?" I question, sliding the last file in the drawer. 

"Unfortunately, you weren't the only one I hurt by being with Kate." He confesses.

"You went Bahamas?" 

"How'd you know?" Confusion and surprise evident in his voice and his features.

"I met Jane and Charles before they left. They wanted me to hold onto some things of yours." I nod. They both left a couple of days after my mom's funeral. They were really upset, but I was really pre occupied to ask about what in particular. 

"What things?" 

"Have patience, love.... That's a story for another time." I stand up and wrap my arms around his neck, while his encircle my waist. 

"Hi.." I smile, pecking his lips lightly.

"Hey..." He breaths, pulling me in a hug. 

"I... wanted to say something." He pulls back, but his eyes avoid mine, and I know what it is.

"Its okay Ace, You don't have to." I shake my head, while grabbing his chin and making him look at me.

"No.. I have to. I have to get it of my chest." I remain silent, gesturing him to continue. "I'm sorry buttercup. I'm sorry, for letting you walk away that say. I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me the most, and I'm sorry for not trusting you." He caresses my cheek with his finger tips making me lean into his touch. 

"I know, a sorry can't mend everything. It cannot take back the pain and suffering I put you through. But believe me when I say I'm ready to spend my entire life making up to you." I smile brightly at him, knowing he means every bit of it.

"Then I'm looking forward to it." With that being said, I plant my lips on his, feeling an instant rush of electricity, coursing through my body. He bites my lower lip, earning a soft moan. As his grip tightens around me, pulling me closer, my fingers tangle themselves in his perfectly styled hair, messing them up now. 

His lips travel from my jaw to my neck planting igniting kisses, making the fire works go off. I bite back a moan and clutch his tux jacket in the process. After the small detour, his lips find mine again, and devour them like its the last time. The kiss is passionate and wanting, but I think its too early. As much as I'm glad to have him back, I just want to have some time before jumping into things.

I break the kiss and rest my forehead against his. Our breaths mingling into each others. His thumb traces my bottom lip, making shivers run down my spine. Its been so long, and I still can't get enough of this blue eyed angel. 

"Did I ever tell you, how sexy you look in formals." He smirks looking me up and down.

"I'm afraid not." I chuckle, making him laugh. 

"Well, you look so sexy and hot and tempting and...-" I shut him up by placing a finger on his lips.

"Someone will hear you." I laugh. But he grabs my hand and places in to his chest. 

"We are the only ones in this building." He smirks. "Let me take you out for dinner." 

"At mid night? Honey, the food you can get right now, is in my kitchen." I laugh, pulling away from his arms, grabbing my stuff and the flowers he brought for me.

"I know a place or two." He shrugs. "Plus, as much as I'll love you cooking for me, I know its been long day and you are tiered." 

"Okay..." I give in. I'm about to take his hand, when my phone goes off. Terry's name flashes on the screen. He is the head of my security. 

"What's up Terry? Everything okay...?" I ask, putting the phone on speaker.

"Miss Mikaelson, I need you listen carefully." He says in an alarming voice. Ace and I look at each other in worry/ confusion.

"Richard broke into the Château, this evening looking for you. I'm afraid he is heading towards the office. I want you to get to the exit ASAP. David is waiting for you there." 

He what? But how did he find out I am in Santa Monica. The only address he knew about was the one in Beverley Hills. And I moved out of that place ages ago.

"Terry I'm not scared of him. Let him come here if he is. I'll kill the bastard myself." I growl into the phone.

"But, Miss Mikaelson, the by passers say he was carrying a gun with him." He informs in a firm voice. 

"Don't worry Terry, I'll get her out of here." Ace cuts in before I have a chance to reply to my bodyguard. I hang up the phone and look at him.

"I'm not going anywhere." I snap.

"The hell you are. I'm not letting that bastard lay a hand on you." He sneers and starts dragging me towards the elevator. 

"Ace, you don't know..." I try to reason, but he cuts me again.

"I know everything. Dad told me." I confesses. I fold my hands above my chest like a child who was just denied a cotton candy. Except for me it was the chance to kill the waste of space I had to call dad.

The moment we step out of the elevator, my eyes go wide. There he stands, with a gun in his hand, looking like an utter mess. His hair a sticking in every direction, and the bags under his eyes speak for themselves.

"Well, well. Where do you think you are going. Daughter." Smirking he points the gun at me.

*****

Seems like someone got daddy issues. Hehehehe. Yup, that's the plot twist. Hope everyone likes the chapter. Vote and Comment to show your love. :)

(.Hazel's outfit.)

)