Chapter 46: Missed Me Princess

Hazel's P.O.V

"Oh good... you're back." I smile at him as he comes out of the bathroom. "Feel any better?"

"Yeah... Much better." He nods, while rubbing his hair with a towel.

Its okay heart, its just him with wet hair cascading his eyes. There's no reason for you to beat so fast.

"I see the soups ready." He points out.

"Yup."

We have the soup in silence and then I give him the meds. 

"You'll be just fine, by the morning." I say as he lies back down under the covers.

"Where are you going?" 

"Home." I say in a duh tone.

"No... please stay. Please Hazel." He gives me those puppy eyes. How can I refuse those.

"Fine." 

"Thanks." He smiles faintly. The meds are kicking in I guess. "you can wear one of my t shirts." He offers. I nod and walk into his closet. I return to see him staring at the ceiling. 

"What you thinking.?"

"Noth-" He cuts himself mid sentence when his eyes fall on me.

"Oh how I've missed that." He smiles, making me blush. But it pains me inside as memories from that day fill my mind. How he didn't even remember me after meeting Kate. 

I just sit beside him, going through my phone, when he moves and keeps his head on my lap. 

Oh how I've missed that. 

As if losing all control over my hands, I run a finger through his hair and his eyes flutter close. I continue to play with his hair until sleep takes over him. A while later, I feel my eyelids getting heavy and I let myself drift off to a comfortable and peaceful place after a long time.

~*~

Haze's P.O.V

If I was allowed a murder I would most certainly murder my sister right now. She knows how much I hate this city. And yet she sent me for the 'important deal' Which wasn't important at all. 

It was trap and I walked right into it. Note to self: Never fall for Hazel's puppy eyes.

"Bourbon, neat." I say to the bar tender and take a seat by the counter. 

Today is my second last day here. I was getting bored at home so I came here, to The Dead rabbit. The place is half full with couples and other peoples, dining and enjoying the song that the guy sings on the stage. Everyone claps as he finishes up. 

I just roll my eyes and turn to my drink. Now some other artist is gonna come and sing another crappy sob song. 

"Hey everyone..." No... this can't be possible. "So today's my last day at this bar and I wanted to sing something special for my special someone." The crown goes awww. "Though he is not here right now, but I wish he was." 

No.. No.. Its definitely me imagining things. She can't be here.

Why don't you just turn around and see for yourself. 

No I won't. What if it is really her. But the moment the guitar strings strum the very familiar melody, all my doubts disappear and I know its really her. I slowly turn around, and there she is, looking as perfect as ever. 

Can somebody please remind me what we fought over? Why the fuck did I let the most precious and beautiful thing in my life walk away? 

'When you miss me, close your eyes and maybe far but never gone...

When you fall asleep tonight, just remember that we lay under the same stars..

Hey... I know there are some things we need to talk about, and I can't stay, so let me hold you for little longer now....

And take a piece of my heart and make it all your own, so when we are apart, You'll never be alone.'

When she is finishes, a tear rolls down her eyes and everybody else is way to emotional to say anything. I can't let her go this time. I won't let her walk away. 

I start clapping, and her eyes snap at me. Shock and confusion covers her beautiful face. I walk to the middle of the bar and look at her. She drops her guitar to the floor and sprints towards me. I open my arms just in time for her to jump in them and wrap her arms and legs around me. 

The crowed erupts in cheers and clap for us. 

"Missed me Princess?" 

"No." She replies with a chuckle but starts sobbing into my neck. I hold her even tighter and closer to me. Until now... I didn't even realize that she was the emptiness that I was feeling for months. That the part I was missing was her. 

She pulls away and looks at me teary eyes. She is about to say something, but I cut her off by crashing my lips on hers. A sigh of content escapes my lips as she kisses me back. 

~~~~~~

"When did you come to New York?" She asks, munching on her sandwich, while sitting on the kitchen counter. We came to my place after our little PDA. 

"Day before yesterday." I smile at her. "How are you?" 

"Never been better." She bends down and kisses lips. 

"Hey... I-I'm sorry. You didn't mean any of it." I apologize.

"Yeah me too." She nods and I instantly pull her in for a kiss. The slow gentle kiss turns into a devouring and hungry one. And then..... Well what happens next is none of your business.

*~*~*~*