Chapter 38: Magical Words

☮ Ace's P.O.V ☮

.A week later.

*Flashback*

"Hazel...? I'm home." I shout through the front door as I take off my coat and shoes.

"Why do you act like we are a couple that is living together." She laughs, while walking to the living room in my T-shirt. Did I ever mention how sexy she looks in that. Her long tanned legs exposed and her hair tied in a messy bun, and reading glasses on her nose. She looks like a freaking angel to me. 

"Well aren't we?" I tease, pulling her into a hug. She wraps her hands around me and pecks my lips. 

"Alexa, play a song." I say and a sweet melody starts to play. I sway both of us from side to side, while she sings along. Her giggles echoes the room when I spin her around and pull her back into my chest. "You, my love, are the best thing that has ever happened to me." I whisper to her, making a smile marry her lips. 

"I'll say the same if you tell me you brought my cheese burger and fries with my favorite dip." She teases. 

"What if I say no." I play along.

"You're most welcome to leave this house, this instant." She smirks.

"Oh really? Is that so."  I mockingly glare at her and poke the side of her stomach. She laughs and run towards the kitchen, I run after her as she circles the the island. She runs back to the living room and tries to jump of the sofa but I catch hold of her wrist. 

"In a hurry? Are we?" I pull her back and start tickling her. I tackle her to the floor, sitting on her legs. God those caramel thighs. Her laugh fills the air as she tries to wiggle out of my grasp. 

"Ace stop." She says between her laughs. 

"Say the magical words first." I chuckle.

"What... hahaha... No..." 

"Okay then. your choice." I tickle her harder. 

"Okay... Okay... You're the-the sexiest and the hottest boyfriend."  And I stop and lay beside her, laughing. "I hate you." She hits my chest while trying to calm her breathing, only making me laugh harder. 

"Oh trust me buttercup, You don't." I chuckle and throw my arms around her, burring my face in her neck. 

*End of flashback.*

"Alexa, Play a song." I say and the song Ghost of you starts to play. Hazel loved this song like crazies. She could listen to it all day without break. The whole album to be exact. I wipe the lone tear that left my eye and walk into the kitchen to make coffee. 

It was getting suffocating in my room so I just started driving aimlessly and after an hour or so later found myself here. At our place. Hers and mine. As I open the top self, her cup sits beside mine. 

"I still do"  It says with the picture of the 5 boys. She got it customized after the WDW song. Suddenly the door bell rings. I almost forgot I invited Kate over. 

"Hi." She smiles as I open the door.

"Hey..." I return the gesture and step aside to let her in. 

"You okay?" She asks.

"No... But I'll be better." I smile at her. 

"Oh C'mon Ace. How long are you gonna be like that. She's gone, and she's not coming back. Why are you wasting your life and time." She rolls her eyes. Sometime her bluntness shocks me. I chuckle and hand her a coffee mug.

"I love her Kate, I'll always do. That's why its hard for me to let go." 

"Who are you and what did you do to Ace O'Conner. Where's the ruthless heartbreaker of L.A. high." She laughs and I join her.

~~~~~

*VOID's P.O.V*

"I'll be back real quick." Ace says and walks upstairs. 

As the door to his room closes, his phone on the coffee table starts buzzing. 

'Buttercup.' Words flash on the screen. 

Kate rolls her eyes as she reads the name. "What a simp." She mumbles under her breath. She picks up the call and a not so cheerful Hazel says, "Hello? Ace?" 

"Umm, Ace is not here at the moment, who is this?" She says with a fake humbleness, pretending to not know her.

"Sorry, but who are you?" Hazel asks, scared to know the answer.

"Oh I'm Kate. Ace's best friend." She smirks. There, on the other side of the line, Hazel's heart breaks into million pieces. 

"What are you doing with him?" She asks through gritted teeth.

"Oh you know, his bitch of a girlfriend just left him to enjoy her fucking life in L.A. So being a good friend, I was just helping him through it." Kate sneers. "He's not in a good state and wouldn't talk to anyone. So its better you call back never." She mocks Hazel's words from the night of the prom and hangs up. 

"Who was it?" Ace comes down with a couple of movies in his hand.

"Oh, no one important." She smiles at him, deleting Hazel's name from his call logs. Ace eyes her suspiciously for a moment but lets it go. 

~~~~~

☮ Ace's P.O.V ☮

"How did you know my phones pass code." I ask while sitting beside her. 

"It's always been your mom's birthday. I know that." She smiles sheepishly at me. 

"Yeah, but I thought you must have forgotten." I chuckle lightly. After her only Crystal and Hazel know this. "What movie do you wanna watch?" I hand her the movies I brought from upstairs.

"Lets watch this one." She picks Jumanji, Welcome to the jungle. 

Half way to the movie, her head falls on my shoulder. I glance at her and see that she's asleep. Who sleeps while watching Jumanji. I mean, I watched this movie with the gang, and honestly I thought it was worth it. We all were in tears by the end because we were laughing so hard. 

I climb off the couch so that she can be more comfortable and drape a blanket over her. Grabbing my phone I go out on the patio. She hasn't even texted me in past seven days, let alone dropping a call. Guess she is just busy.

Or maybe she just don't wanna talk to you.

Shut up. 

I hit the call button and press the phone to my ear. And it went straight to her voice mail.

"Hey buttercup, Its me. Umm, just wanted to check upon you. How's everything there. Hope you're not too busy. Umm, yeah, just call me when you get this. I miss you and I love you princess." I sigh and hang up. 

You still think she is busy?

Yes.

*~*~*~*

Woah, so the actual drama starts. Time for our girl to get her guards back up. And this time much higher and stronger. 

Enjoy reading. :)