Chapter 54: Ace

Hazel's P.O.V.

"Well, well... where do you think you're going. Daughter." Smirking he points the gun at me.

"How dare you, YOU BASTARD." I shout, but Ace holds me back.

"What are you doing. If you haven't noticed... he has a gun in his hand." He whispers.

"I don't care." I say through gritted teeth.

"But I do." He's eyes look deep into mine with worry. The magic of his would be the death of me. Just that simple phrase from his mouth makes a wave of calmness wash over me. A sense of security, resides in my heart as he caresses' my cheek.

"Are you both done. Coz, I got some matters to settle." He calls from behind me. Not letting go off my hand, Ace pulls me behind his back.

"What do you want Richard?" He questions angrily.

"Me... noting much... I just want the bitch you call your girlfriend, dead." He spits viciously.

"Don't you dare say a word about her. I'll fucking kill you." 

"Oohh... you got yourself a man Hazel." He laughs humorlessly. "Unfortunately, he'll die. But don't worry, I'll spare you the pain by killing you first." 

NO no no no no... I- I can't let anything happen to him. 

"You wanna kill me, then kill me. But let him go. He got nothing to do with this." I step in front again. I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to lose him. Again.

"Tsk-tsk-tsk... Young love. How adorable and weak. Emotions, always make you vulnerable. That's why I never cared for you spoiled ungrateful brats." 

There, the knife to my heart. He knows, these things still affect me. He knows, my weak spots. But I refuse to let him walk over me this time. I won't fall into his trap.

"Hazel, don't listen to him." Ace says and I nod.

"Wait.... Aren't you Charles' son?" He asks looking at Ace, with a venomous smirk.

"Yes..." He answers in confusion.

"Oh Good. Now I can kill all of you together. C'mon, call that back stabbing bastard." He sneers. 

"Only if you let her go,"

"NO Ace... He's lying. Its trap don't listen to him." 

"Call him or I'll put these bullets right through her head." He yell and Ace pulls out his phone. It rings a couple of times before, Charles picks up.

"Ace..." He answers happily. "how's my future daughter in law? Did you talk to her? What did she say?" he chimes.

"Dad I think we have a bit of a situation here." 

"Oh I know she's mad. But have patience, she'll come around..-" 

"I'm afraid its not her who is mad." Richard snatches the phone from him. 

"Who is this?" Charles asks. 

"You forgot me real quick, eh Partner?" 

"Richard? What are you doing with my son?" His voice drastically changes from happy to an angry one. 

"Oh... I just came by to kill my daughter, but I found him with her. Guess its my lucky day. I get to kill all my enemies." 

"You are bluffing. You are not gonna do anything." He shouts. "you're just a self centered pig, who'll do anything for money." 

"You wish." With that he points the gun to me. I close my eyes shut, waiting for the impact as he pulls the trigger twice. But it never comes. I open my eyes, only to see, Ace standing in front of me.

"ACE.." I scream, as he crumples to the floor in my arms. My whole world, crashing before my eyes. "Why did you do that." Tears instantly start flowing down my cheeks as I put pressure on his stomach. 

"I- I had no choice, buttercup... I'm sorry...-" He breaths

"Stop taking... Jus- just stay with me. okay... Help is on its way." I console him. More like consoling myself. I hear the monster, fighting with the Charles over the phone. But that's the least of my concern. 

Sobbing, I hold him tighter in my arms. "Don't leave me please. Don't leave me again" I sob into his hair. I won't be able to forgive myself is something happens to him. I'll die. "I need you Ace, I'm not ready to to give you up. Stay with me baby. Please."

"I..-" He starts but before, he can finish it, his eyes flutter close. 

"ACE... WAKE UP." I shake him violently. I put my ear on his chest, his heart beat still there, but its slowly dying. "Ace, baby, open your eyes. PLEASE. WAKE UP." I sob. 

"Oh, this is making me sick." I hear him sneer. He walks up to me and grabs me by my hair. Dragging me to the glass wall, he shoves my head into it. The entire, wall shatters into pieces above me.

Slowly the red liquid trickles down my head and everything in sight starts to bluee out. My eyes stay fixed on Ace, and I try to crawl back to him, but he kicks me in the stomach. 

"You pesky little bitch. I made you who you are today. Yet you had the audacity to rebel against me." I fall over my back, crying in pain, when his hands grab my hair once again.

"You little slut. YOU RUINED ME." He slaps me across my face. "You took my entire life away from me. You WHORE." This time his fist collides with my jaw, and then he goes on slapping and punching me. I try to kick him but before I can do something he kicks me. 

This is all my fault. I should have never let Ace in. Its my fault he is lying there, fighting for his dear life. I deserve this. I deserve all of this. Falling back to the floor, I turn to the side, clutching onto my stomach. I cough violently, spilling blood all over the floor. My whole body is sore. I can't breath, Its like my lungs are collapsing, I cant feel my face, nor do I have the strength to stand up on my legs. I'm afraid, they'll betray me.

I can not leave him. He can't die. He promised, he'll spend his whole life making up to me. He can't break his promise. 

Shaking and trembling I start crawling back to him. I'm not even half way, when he stabs me in the side of my stomach, with a piece of glass. I scream in agony, as the cold transparent, object slices through my skin, getting colored in my blood. 

"At least now you'll know what it like to be stabbed. See you in hell, daughter." He holds the gun, to my forehead. Whimpering in pain I close my eyes, waiting for him to pull the trigger. 

My body is giving up. I no longer have the strength to stay awake. I just wanna lie on this cold floor and never wake up. I hear the gun shot, but at a distance. Mustering all the strength, I open my eyes to see people in black uniforms spilling into the area. 

Richard falls to the ground beside me and I see the life leave his eyes. Satisfied, I close my eyes, ready to greet death.

*****