Chapter 21: Miami

Ace's P.O.V

You know what feels the best in the morning? Yeah a morning, the time you hate everything and dread waking up from the cozy, warm bed.

Those feather like kisses all over your face, to which you wake up smiling. 

I open my eyes into slits and see her propped on her elbow, kissing me softly. I turn to her, wrapping my arms arounds her waist, while she runs her hand soothingly in my hair. 

"Good morning buttercup.." I mumble against her neck.

"Morning Ace..." She never calls me names. That's only for me. Also, she loves my name and I love the way it sounds when she says it.

"C'mon, wake up you sleepy head. I'll be downstairs" She orders and snuggles out of my arms. 

"I wasn't done." I whine.

"We have to meet everyone at Daisy's... Zach's gonna kill us if we don't get there in time." Apparently, Zach came up with an idea for the winter vacations. So, he asked us all to meet him at the diner, where we usually hangout.

Pulling on one of my hoodie over her shirt, Hazel leaves the room. 

And I'm back to hating the mornings. 

I just hate how much she is involved in my life. I can't go through the day without looking at her, or kissing her. Its not just her beauty, she's got a kind heart and a charm that will never fail to captivate you. She is so understanding and I'm glad she does not jump to conclusions without hearing the side of another person's story. 

I'm just thankful to god, that she stayed with me after what happened at the last soccer game. 

*Flashback*

"Yes..." I punch my fist in the air after  scoring the winning goal. I'm just the best. Maybe I should consider soccer as a carrier option. Just kidding, I do love soccer, just not enough to make it a profession. 

Everyone surrounds me. They pat my back and ruffle my hair, saying all sorts of nice things. The cheer leaders, also come around and I see Crystal smiling at me.

'Well done.' She mouths, giving me thumbs up. I nod a thanks and look over to the bleachers where Hazel is jumping up and down, cheering excitedly. Our eyes lock and she blows me a kiss. I pretend to catch and wink at her with a huge smile. 

Even with these small gestures, she manages to make my heart race. What the hell is wrong with me. I never felt that way for anyone. She is just-

My line of thoughts is cut of when someone launches themselves at me. Its a girl, from the cheer leading squad. She holds my face and crashes her lips on mine. 

What the actual fuck...

I immediately  push her off me. "What the fuck are you doing." I growl. But, she just twirls a strand of her hair between her fingers and winks at me before walking away.

Why would she do that. Everyone at school knows I have a girlfri-... Holy fuck...

Hazel. 

When I look back at the bleachers she is already making her way out through the crowd. 

Shit. shit. Shit. But that wasn't even my fault. I didn't even kiss her back. 

Seriously god, I had 1 good thing in life, and you wanna ruin it already. Please don't do this, if you love me  even little bit. She's already going through so much, don't make it any harder for her.