Chapter 51: Well, duh

Hazel's P.O.V.

I can't sleep. 

Why?

Coz I can't decide weather or not, should I go and talk to Ace. Its not like I don't want to. I do. But I think its gonna be super awkward. 

"You working late?" Cara asks.

"Yeah, I mean No. I'll just leave." I answer. I've been in my office for the entire day and last night, I couldn't stop thinking. 

Maybe you should go talk to him.

That's the problem you see, I don't know what to say. Trust me, I'm the last person you would want to console you. I'm terrible at it. Not intentionally, but I'll say stuff that could potentially hurt you and then you would just never wanna see my face, ever again. 

But I also think I should go. This shit keeping me up at night. Whatever happens, I just wanna it be over already. 

So I grab my things and leave for his place. 

The moment I step inside, I see him sitting on the sofa, with a class of whisky. 

"Crystal... I'm not in a mood to talk, If you want anything, then just help yourself and leave." He growls. 

"Then I'm afraid I'll just have to leave." I chuckle. His blood shot eyes instantly snap at me, but a small smile still plays on his lips and happiness reflects in his oceanic orbs. But there's something else. Guilt.

"Hey..." He breaths.

"Hi..." I say awkwardly. I told you this gonna be awkward as hell. "Umm, Crystal told me what happened, I just wanted to stop by and check up on you." I smile and he nods, walking up to me. 

"Guess, I'll just leave then." 

"No... stay. I'll fix you some coffee, if you want." I wanna say yes... But.

"I guess, I'll just leave. Thanks anyway." His face falls and my heart churns at that. 5 years and I still can't see him sad. I turn to leave but something stops me. I don't know what it is, but I wanna stay with him. 

"Okay,.." I turn back. "This is getting really awkward. You wanna go grab a drink." I ask straight up.

"Yeah sure... I'll just go get changed." I nod and he leaves for his room.

Moments later he comes back wearing a button down shirt with a pair of black jeans. I take my merry time to check him out. Like always, his hair are messy and cascading his eyes, and I have this urge to brush them away. The top two buttons are undone, again, like usual... making him look ultra sexy. 

"Shall we..?" He asks, trying to hide the smirk but fails miserably. He picks his car keys, but I stop him. 

"There's no need for them. The bar is just round the corner." I explain, earning yet another nod from him. Did he forget how to talk or respond.

The walk to the bar is filled with an awkward silence. The only sound is from the people passing by or the zooming cars. He just walks with his hands shoved in his pocket while I just scroll through my phone to avoid him. Jerry the bar tender greets me as soon as we take seats at the bar. 

"Long time no see, Mikaelson." He chimes.

"Yeah... just got held up at work." I smile back and he nods. What's people nodding at me today. An 'okay' or 'right...' would be much better.

"So, what can I get you today." he asks.

"Two tequilas." I grin. 

"Oh no... I think I have had my share of alcohol today..." Ace pipes in. "I think I'll just have a virgin Martini." 

"I got you." He clicks his fingers and leaves to make our drinks. We both just sit there, tapping our foot to the music playing in the background.

 Hazel... you came here to talk to him. So talk.

"So... how's work going." 

"Pretty good." He smiles. I'm about to say something but Jerry cuts me off. 

"There you go guys. Enjoy." I definitely need this, to get some words out of me. Alcohol, is the best way to start a conversation. I dawn the transparent liquid and shake my head when it burns down my throat.  

A couple shots turn to a few and few turn to many. I don't even realize I have had enough until the world around me starts spinning and I can see two Ace in front of me. 

He must have noticed, cause I catch the smile on his face. Can I just say How cute he looks when he smiles. I've missed that. Him smiling at me for no reason and then saying... "You're mine." And then planting his lips on mine. 

Fuck I miss him so much that I wanna cry. But wait... that's not possible. Trust me I haven't cried since my mom's funeral. More like, I refused to. 

"I think you've had enough for the night, buttercup." I hear him say.

"Buttercup. I missed it." I laugh. Sliding off the stool, I try to walk but that's too much of a task for me right now. Fortunately he grabs by my waist and I curl my hands around his neck, for support. Our faces are soo close, that I can fell his breath on my lips. For a fraction of a second, my eyes flicker to his lips, but he looks away. 

"Lets get you home." He smiles, tucking a strand of my loose hair behind my ear.

~*~

Ace's P.O.V

I manage to bring her out of the bar, without falling on the ground. 

Honestly, I never thought that she'll ever come to see me let alone grabbing a drink.  Nevertheless, I'm so glad she did. 

"I can't walk, I'm tiered." She whines like a baby, making me smile brightly. 

"You want me to carry you?" I ask, smirking.

"Well, duh... Now turn around." I look at her in confusion. Why should I turn around?

"Why?" 

"Just do as I say O'Conner." She orders and I do as I'm told. The moment I turn around, she hops on my back. I manage to keep us both steady while she is busy laughing he ass off. "That's better." My drunk princess, manages to say between her laughs. 

"You look hot today." Resting her chin on my shoulder, she giggles. 

"Thanks" I laugh. 

She doesn't get off, even in the elevator. Just hums a random melody, while playing with my hair. "What shampoo do you use?" She questions, out of the blue.

"I don't know." I chuckle and she climbs down only to plop on the couch. I pull off her heels and walk to the kitchen to grab us some water. 

"I want it too. Your hair are so shiny and silky. I just can't stop touching them." She laughs at her own words. 23 years old, and she still can't handle her alcohol. "What was its name again?" 

"I said I don't know." I reply walking back. 

"Yeah... I don't know. Its a famous brand I guess." She gulps the water while I sit beside her laughing. I place her feet in my lap so that she can sit more comfortably. She lays her head on the arm rest and closes her eyes, with a serene smile still gracing her lips.

Why... Why would I let you walk away. Why didn't you just slap some sense into me that very moment. I literally ruined the best part of my life with my own hands. I'm a fool. I wish I could take it back and make it all right. I want nothing but you. I'll do anything to get you back. I want you back. But only if you accept me. Only if you forgive me. 

"It'll be okay Ace. You'll be okay." I look at her in disbelief and she smiles at me with nothing but pure sincerity. 

*****

I'll have to continue this chapter in the next one coz its getting long. Enjoy, Tequila with Ace and Hazel.