Chapter 1

"Good times & crazy friends, make the best memories."

Walking through the busy Manhattan streets, Farah takes a swig of her cigarette. She lets the smoke stay in her mouth, before blowing it out. The smoke blew in different directions, due to the wind blowing.

Farah's light brown hair flew back as she maneuvered her body to walk past irritatingly slow people. She huffs as she bumps into someone, and her cigarette drops on the floor. She groans as she steps on it to blow out the fire and turns to look at the figure who she bumped into.

"Sorry, I was looking-" Farah stops herself. She tilts her head in confusion as she stares down the tall man, who is looking at her the same way.

"No fucking way..." Farah mumbles.

"I see you still smoke." The tall man said, cracking a small smile.

Farah is in shock, so it takes her a minute to understand what he said. She shakes her head, and lets out a breathy laugh.

"Yeah well, some habits die hard."

"You look good, Farah. How's everything?"

Farah tucks a strand of her light brown hair behind her ear, to get it out of her face.

"As good as it can be, I guess. How about you? Last time I heard, you were a . . . millionaire?"

"Billionaire." He corrected her.

"Right. Billionaire, my bad."

"No worries, everyone gets the two mixed up."

"Yeah, I bet they do." Farah can't help but stare at him.

He looks so different. His hair isn't as long, it's more fluffy and short. He finally grew out a nice stubble beard. He looks more muscular now, you could practically see his muscles peaking through his shirt. He looks so different from back then, but in a good way. The one thing that hasn't changed, and probably wont ever change- his piercing blue eyes. The sun is shining right on them, and Farah feels like she could fall in love with him all over again.

"Farah? You okay?" He asked as he waved his hand in her face.

Farah snapped out of her daze, "Yeah- no yeah. It's just weird seeing you, after... you know."

"No, I totally understand. Bumping into you was definitely something I'd never thought would happen."  He chuckled as he placed his hands in the pocket of his pants. He was wearing a black and white suit, and Farah had to stop herself from staring at him more.

"Same here." Farah looked down at her watch and couldn't take this awkwardness between them so she lied.

"Oh shoot, I'm going to be late... for my interview!"

Bucky shook his head, "By all means go. Maybe we'll bump into each other again, and actually catch up."

"If this is your way of asking me out, I'd say your skills definitely went down from last time." Farah laughed as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder.

"Not a date! Just two old friends who share trauma catching up."  Bucky shrugged.

Farah laughed and shook her head dismissively, "Goodbye Bucky."

"It's James now! I go by James!" Bucky called out to her as she was walking away.

Farah turned her head to the side while walking and shouted back at him, "I don't care! You will always be Bucky to me!"

Bucky laughed and turned to continue walking. He could not stop thinking about her. The way she hasn't changed since high school. Even her fashion sense is still amazing. She wore a cropped tan tank top, with a green button up shirt over it, with blue ripped, wide leg jeans and white sneakers.