Chapter 14

TW: Drinking and smoking

"You only need to hide something, if you're doing something you shouldn't." 

9 years ago...

"Well, she fell asleep fast." Bucky said as he got up from the couch.

"Yeah, she did." Farah said, fidgeting with her fingers.

"You tired?" Bucky asked.

"No... you?"

"Nope. Want to head upstairs and we can talk?" Bucky suggested.

"Yeah, I'll um, be up there in a minute." Farah said as Bucky nodded, making his way upstairs.

Once he was out of her sight, Farah ran to the kitchen and started rummaging through the cabinets. She tried her best not to slam any of them shut. She began running her hands through her hair, frustrated that she couldn't find it.

She opened the last cabinet to find what she was looking for. She sighed in relief, as she grabbed a bottle. She ran her fingers down the bottle, tracing the outlined letters. She stared at the bottle, not opening it yet, but debating if she should.

Farah contemplated if she should open the bottle and take a sip... just a sip, to wipe what happened earlier away for now, she thought. One sip couldn't hurt right? She told herself, as she twisted the cap open.

Her hands shaking, her thoughts scattered around her mind, her eyes blurred with tears, she placed the opened bottle to her lips, and pushed her hand up, so the burning liquor scratched down her throat.

A loose tear fell from her eye as she abruptly took the bottle away from her mouth. Letting out short breaths, and eyes wide open, did she really just do this?

Farah wiped another loose tear from her eye, and sniffed as she took another long gulp of the liquor. She let out a low noise as she pulled the burning liquor away from her mouth. Her throat burns with every drop that she swallows.

Farah placed the bottle on the counter as she rested her hands on the edge of it. Her grip on the counter became stronger as she looked up to the high ceiling.

Tears ran down her face... tears of regret. She let out a lob sob as her head hung down. Her eyes landed on her brown dress that she still had on. She felt disgusted, disturbed, invaded. She felt as if her body wasn't her own, as someone took over it.

She quickly took another gulp of the liquor before putting the cap back on. She walked over to her bag and opened it. She placed the bottle in there before closing it up. Her hands shook as she zipped it up, and with shaky legs she walked upstairs.

She reached Bucky's room and waltzed right in. She took off her jacket and started to remove her dress. Her hands shaking while doing so, made it hard for her to get a good grip.

Bucky turned his attention to her and his eyes went wide as she tried to strip, right in front of him. He quickly got up from his bed and went over to her. He grabbed her hand to stop her from removing her dress completely.

"Farah, what's wrong?" Bucky asked concerned, you could see it all in his eyes.

"Get these clothes off of me." Farah yelled with anger. She was angry at herself for not being able to stop this from happening.