Chapter 49

"The life in the death is placed in the memory of the living." 

Present time...

"Smith! A note for you!"

Smith got up from her desk and opened the door. She looks at the letter suspiciously before grabbing it. She looked it over before speaking.

"Where'd you find it?"

"In your car. We were doing a daily sweep of every car and found that inside."

"Interesting. Thank you." Smith said as she backed up and closed the door to her office.

She sat back down on her chair and opened the letter. She pulled out the note and read over it.

"No way." She breathed out. She got up and grabbed her coat and made her way out of her office with the note still in hand.

She walked up to the nearest tech person.

"Hey. I need you to give me the location of Natasha Romanoff's yacht. Fast! Now!" She said firmly as she pulled out her phone.

"I need a squad of cops to meet me at the address I'll give to you shortly. I need them to be there quickly. This is important." Smith ends the call and makes her way out of the building.

Another Detective; Detective Myers, approaches her.

"Smith! Where are you going?!" He called after her.

Smith turned around and stopped, "I think I'm finally going to close the case."

Myers tiles his head, "Which one?"

"Steve Rogers and Wanda Maximoff's case." Smith said as she pulled her coat on.

"For real? After years! Go! Go!" Myres told her as she gave him a smile.

She pointed to the tech guy she just talked to, "Tell him to send me the address right now."

Myers nodded and went off to tell him. Smith got inside of her car and her phone quickly chimed. She looked at it and let out a small breath when she got the address.

She typed it into her GPS and then drove off with two cop cars following her for backup.

When she arrives at Nat's yacht, she doesn't bother with trying to get a warnet. She marches inside and heads down to the basement. 4 cops are with her with their guns out.

Smith pushed her jacket to the side and grabbed her pistol and her flashlight. She aimed them by her face and carefully walked into the basement.

She finds a light and flicks it on and boxes fill her vision.

"What the fuck?" She whispered to herself.

"Smith, what are you looking for?" A cop asked her.

"A body." Smith said as she moved towards the boxes.

The 4 cops glanced at each other before slowly following her.

Smith points to the side, "Check those while I check these in front of me."