Chapter 40

TW: Overdose & Drugs

"Turns out it was mostly a lie. But, at least for a short while, it was a beautiful one." 

Present time...

Farah's POV...

After I met Loki, he gave me the drug. I looked at it suspiciously before taking it. It was weird. It's almost like getting your brain rewritten. Like your brain is getting filled with missing pieces that you didn't even know were missing.

Half of the shit I started to remember, made me wonder how much I actually drank when I was a teenager. I sit on my bed with my head in my hands. Every time I try to do something... productive, memories start to appear in my head, making me dizzy.

I thought about taking a nap but that only made it worse. Waking up with a jumpscare at every new memory, it's like you're having a heart attack. Who am I kidding, I never had one but I think that's how it feels.

Anyway, I sit here on my bed wondering when this stupid drug is going to wear off. I texted Loki that I would meet him at the bar in an hour. Now., I'm thinking I should tell him to meet me at my apartment.

When sitting on your bed doing absolutely nothing, it gave me time to think. I started to make a mental list about this whole situation, starting from 11 years ago.

I like to think that I put most of the pieces together but there's still stuff I am missing. I hope that when I speak to Loki about it and say it out loud, he can help me fill in the blanks.

I am in desperate need of a cigarette right now. Of course, I don't have any. All this shit that's been happening, I forgot to buy some more. I come to the realization that maybe I do have an addiction. Maybe I should actually stop this time. Then I shrugged and removed those thoughts from my brain because frankly, they are pointless.

After thinking and thinking for 45 minutes. The memories stopped coming back and I got up from my spot on the bed. I pull my dark green hoodie over my head and grab my car keys and phone.

Something is still lingering in the back of my head... there's still something I'm missing. I just don't know what it could possibly be.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I got out of my car and walked into the club that I work at. I don't work today and I'd rather not be at my job when I'm off but, whatever.

Loki wasn't hard to find. I spotted him pretty quickly actually. A few ladies were surrounding him, probably asking him to dance with them. I saw him flash a smile and I rolled my eyes as I approached the table.

"Darling." Loki said.

I internally wanted to slap him because I told him multiple times that I hate that nickname, but clearly he has hearing problems.

"Loki." I said back as I awkwardly moved the chair back and sat down.

The ladies were staring at me like I was going to take their precious lip gloss away.